My guy who I've been seeing for nine months told me he doesn't celebrate Valentine's day. Does this mean he's not serious about me?

My guy who I've been seeing for nine months told me he doesn't celebrate Valentine's day. I didn't say anything right away because I don't want to seem negative. I don't think Valentines day is a really big deal but I think that if you're with someone that you should do something just to show you love or care about them even if its just spending the day together. Just wanted to get advice on this because I'm thinking he's not serious about me and that's why he doesn't want to celebrate.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• He may have been reaching out to you for a reaction. Perhaps he wants you to ask him why. The answer may be that he never has had a girlfriend on Valentine's day. I would bet that he was hoping for more conversation and you not saying much, have missed the opportunity to open up with this to him. You may be surprised that he would welcome the idea of spending the day with you doing something. If this is the case, he, obviously, will not be very practiced on setting up a special Valentine's day. If you helped with that, just even with ideas, it might be a nice surprise for both of you.

What Girls Said 4

• Not wanting to celebrate the day doesn't mean you don't like the other person... It's just a day and you have plenty others to show your love

• Some people don't celebrate even if they are on a relationship. I don't think it means he's not serious about you but if you're worried I'd suggest talking to him and seeing how he feels

• I don't think it's related. A lot of people don't like Valentine's day, think it's just some commercial celebration. When you're with someone, you don't need that day to show you care or that you love that person.

• Maybe he is just not celebrating that day in general and it has nothing to donwith you