Thoughts on Valentine's Day?

Do you love it? Or hate it? What are your plans for Valentine's?

My personal opinion is that t's overrated. I think you should express love for your SO every day of the year, not just once a year on Valentine's Day. And it's kind of just something to benefit the whole greeting-card industry. And also, it makes those who aren’t in relationships feel excluded and lonely. I don't know, what do you think?

620

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't really bother me, even though I'm single as crap lol. If anything, it is an excuse for me to go and shamelessly go and get cookies at the local bakery for myself. I don't really treat it differently otherwise. If I was in a relationship that'd probably be different. But even then, I prefer handmade cards over store bought ones, so I at least would have to deal with the overpriced goods on that front.

And the idea of Valentine's day doesn't bother me. Should one express their love for their SO every day of the year? Yes, but Valentine's Day gives a reason to do something extra special. It's kind of the same concept of a birthday in my opinion. One should be a good friend to their friend everyday, but the birthday gives them a reason to go above and beyond the usual (i. e. presents/gifts).

Valentine's Day has different expenses than a birthday, but the underlying concept is similar, and nothing says one has to celebrate it by buying the cliché (and price-raised) items.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't wanna keep anyone from celebrating it, but I think the holiday is a total lie to sell stuff.

"What you call love is just a chemical reaction in the brain that compells animals to breed. It hits hard then slowly fades away leaving you stranded in failing mariage." -Rick Sanchez

Sponsored

What Guys Said 19

• I sort of feel the same way as you. You should express your feelings and show that you care for your partner every single day, not just once a year. So to me, Valentine's could disappear, I don't care.
    BUT, if my girl likes Valentine's Day, I would make sure to do something special for her. I don't want anything, maybe just a small written letter, but nothing big.

• 100% with you! You should be able to show your SO that you love them all days of the year.

It's a manufactured holiday. Could not care less about it.. But.. If my future girlfriend wants to celebrate it... I guess I have no choice 😅

• Agree with you. A money grab. I've seen some studies of how much money people will spend and it's absurd.

• I like it. I don't get why so many people get so worked up over it. Yeah you can show love to people every other day, you can also get drunk any other day you want but you do it on st. Patrick's day. Same thing.
    It's just a fun day to exchange gifts with your loved one (It doesn't even have to be a partner, you can make the holiday about friends too) and maybe do something a little extra special than usual.

• With no girlfriend I'm actually indifferent to it.

• Idc tbh 😂
    But if I was in a relationship
    Everyday would be Valentine's day for my girl
    Not just a day of an year

• I don't care for it because I'm single and I agree with your opinion. You should express affection for your SO all the time, not just on one particular day

• Im single and i agree with you, kinda does make us feel #forever alone but in a way if you think about it. It benefits us as we can go hunting in valentimes day which girls are more achknowledged to meet guys and the other way around.

• im a romantic so I like it

• i think i dont care :- P

• Same opinion as you. I don't need a special day to show my love to my SO

• Just another sucky Tuesday after a super-sucky Monday.

• Indifferent. I'm single and am not celebrating it.

• I don't recognize valentines day as an actual holiday.

• Don't care for it but it can be fun

• Just another day.

• exactly

• I'll tell u once I find my Valentine 🙄

• it is overrated.

What Girls Said 5

• It's a cute day, but people put way too much emphasis on it and spend way too much money sometimes.

• I like all of the candy that goes on sale the next day.

• just like any other day for me

• i'm romantic so i like it. :)

• I don't love because I haven't boyfriend