With one week until Valentines Day, are any other singles out there already sick of it?

So I used to not care one way or another about Valentine's Day, I had never had a significant other so to me it was just another day but with the added bonus of free candy from friends or relatives. However, in the past year my first romantic relationship began and also ended (she left me, I didn't want it to end). Now these past couple weeks TV commercials, online ads and more have all been about Valentines Day. I get its the "love holiday" and I understand businesses are gonna promote the crap out of it, but all its done is serve as a cruel reminder of what I had, and that I don't have her anymore while I'm still trying to get over her. The holiday celebrates couples, but basically just increases the lonlieness that us single people feel. Anyone else agree?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• It definitely can make single people who want a relationship to feel bad about their current status. You're not alone. If you can, hang out with another single friend or two and keep yourselves occupied that day instead to help get your mind off of things.

• Yeah I'll probably try to do that. That and probably watch the least romantic thing possible on Netflix. Anything to just get through the day.

• Thanks for MHO.

Most Helpful Guy

• There is me I'm single and I wish I wasn't

Sponsored

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 2

• Not really. I do not celebrate any holidays including bdays. It's just another day. But I am looking forward to this V day since it is the official release date for For Honor

• No but that's probably because I don't watch TV so don't see any adverts...