Boyfriend wants to do this for valentines day?

So he told me last night "im taking you out for dinner the next day instead of on valentines day because its going to be very crowded but i will still come and see you on valentines day to get my valentines gift from you" and he laughed.. but anyway.. do you think its better if we go dinner on valentines day or after that day? does it matter?

• On valentines day
    82%(9)47%(9)Vote0%(0)
  • After valentines day
    18%(2)53%(10)Vote100%(8)

Most Helpful Guy

• I find the day before is better for actually going out and then a stay at home date on Valentine's day

Most Helpful Girl

• Wanting to avoid the crowd is understandable, but I think a better approach would be to simply celebrate in a way that doesn't involve fighting crowds. If a restaurant that takes reservations isn't in your price range right now, then come up with a different way to celebrate- cook at home, have a picnic, get takeout and have a movie night, etc. There's no reason why you shouldn't still spend time together on the actual holiday.

• he said he is still going to come see me. maybe go for a drive somewhere on the actual day

• Of course it's okay to go to dinner the day after. But it's not actually Valentine's day. I guess to me personally, I just see the whole crowd thing as kind of a lame reason for wanting to celebrate on a different day. It would be one thing if one of you was out of town, and that's why you pushed it back. Otherwise it just doesn't make all that much sense to me. I'd rather celebrate a different way than change the day.

• oh okay true

What Guys Said 1

• of course it doesn't matter

What Girls Said 6

• Why not just spend time with each other at home, I mean it won't really matter in the end seeing as you're going tone with him anyway on valentines day.

• Tell him that he can take you out on the night after and that you will take him out on Valentines day.
    And then you set the date, pick him up, go to a place you choose, pay for it, and drop him off.

Its Valentine's day. Not day after.

• Wait, he's coming over to get his gift? Why can't he wait until the next day to get it since that's when he wants to celebrate?

• it doesn't matter

• it doesn't matter. What matter is he's doing something special for you

• after... that's really smart. the meaning is still there without all the hassle.