Do you care about Valentines Day?

Personally, I think it's quite silly and I find the pressure put on people - particularly men - is ridiculous. It's fine to have a bit of silly fun with it - buy some candy, get a little mushy, whatever - but I really dislike the idea that men are supposed to spend hundreds of dollars on flowers, dinner, gifts, etc to prove their love to their girlfriends or wives.

I like the idea of celebrating love - that's cute and I get it if people want to take the opportunity to make their partner feel loved, and be a bit cute with each other. I just don't like that it's gotten to the point where people are feeling pressured to waste tonnes of money on stupid crap.

Ladies - don't buy into the bullshit that not getting flowers on vday means he doesn't love you. How he treats you on a daily basis is the proof you need of his love and devotion.

Men - respect yourselves. Don't fall into the trap of thinking you need to constantly prove your love by showering your partner with gifts and fancy dates. If treating her with respect and showing her love through your daily actions and behaviours isn't enough for her, she's not the kind of woman you need in your life.

• Yes, I make a really big deal about it and would be super upset if my partner didn't
  • Yeah, I think it's a fun excuse to be romantic
  • Eh.. I don't mind it but don't care much about it
    Vote C
  • I think it's stupid
    Vote D
  • I hate it passionately
    Vote E
Select a gender to cast your vote:

510

Most Helpful Guy

• The holiday's roots are in the ancient Roman festival of Lupercalia, a fertility celebration commemorated annually on February 15. Pope Gelasius Irecast this pagan festival as a Christian feast day circa 496, declaring February 14 to be St. Valentine's Day.
    Means nothing to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't mind the day. Sure, if you want to get each other cute gifts, go for it. I just don't see the point of the stress put on guys as you said.

What Guys Said 9

• Not really, but it's a silly excuse to be romantic and lovey duvvy all day to her.

Not seeing where the pressure comes from, unless the guy is legit shacked up with a nutcase.

• Well, in this context, luckily for me I've never had to worry about Valentine's Day for the majority of my life.

Lol... this is one of those where a couple of escorts cost less then what some of my friends did for their women on Valentine's Day. and the one left him last year 😂 Such is life.

• i don't mind it and i don't care much about it... Love doesn't need a fancy day to be celebrated..

• For me C... also since I'm single.
    If I'd have a girl maybe it would be a good excuse tu be romantic that day :D

• its my birthday

• I voted C. I see no importance of valentine day, just like Mother's Day and Father's Day.

• Valentines day needs to be banned. I know i'll be punching a lot of people in the face on Feb 14.

• Not really...

• in my region has other name. we celebrate Dragobete!

What Girls Said 4

• Yes I don't agree that so much pressure is put on men for a day like this. It's ridiculous. My boyfriend is just getting a box of chocolates for Valentine's Day and we'll spend time together on the day and that's it. No need to make it a big deal.

• It's just another day for me. I don't celebrate it, but today I got myself Valentine themed cake and chocolate because I wanted to, not because it's Valentine's Day. They say it's a day to boost commerce, you can say I did help with commerce here, lol. Even if I was in a relationship or married, it would be just another day for me, I don't care about this day whatsoever. I'll never pressure anyone to take me on a date, and buy me a bouquet of flowers, sounds silly, lol.

• I don't care too much about it.

• Seems to be important for singles.