Are You A Hopeless Romantic?

I don't have a romantic bone in my body... so. To those that are romantic, how can I become more of a romantic.. what do you do when you're trying to sweep your significant other off their feet? And to those who aren't... I feel ya. Are You A Hopeless Romantic?

• Yasssss
    64%(9)62%(25)Vote62%(16)
  • Nope
    36%(5)38%(15)Vote38%(10)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I like romance. I hate cheesiness. I like practical love stories rather than dramatic ones.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 15

• I used to be.

I think I watched too many movies and read too many books revolving around love stories. I got to fantasizing about having that kind of fairy tale relationship with a girl.

I lost it when I realized that sweeping a girl off her feet the way I imagined from films and stories don't work so well, at least not for me.

Far more effective for me was to focus on a much more direct and sexual approach to seducing a woman while developing a playful relationship that occasionally gets very affectionate, not romancing her with grand, sweeping gestures of love.

I think generally it's better to keep your feet grounded instead of being a hopeless romantic. You can still love a person with all of your heart, build a dream of being together forever. It's just a different approach to it that doesn't necessarily revolve around cliche ideas of courtship and expressing love.

• I lost the hopeless romantic side as a result of developing more realistic expectations of a practical relationship between male and female and losing the tendency to fall too deeply for a girl without much mutual participation on her part. It's actually progress as I see it.

• When I was most hopeless in this sense, I was a daydreamer. I lived in my imagination and fantasies. I looked at the idea of love in this romanticized way which was not unlike when I was a boy daydreaming about fighting bad guys and becoming a savior of the world... until the teacher called my name and snapped me out of it. Keeping my feet grounded more in reality made me a bit less romantic in this sense, but I see it as a good thing.

• I'd say so (hence the "Old-Fashioned" avatar).
    But not in the "giving cheesy romantic gifts" way and saying cheesy shit and celebrating Valentine's Day as much.

More in the spending time together, even without doing cheesy shit, can still be intimate sense. I actually get something out of it. Like, even if we just sat next to each other on the couch, sometimes in silence, sometimes not, I think that can be romantic.
    I don't know, is that weird?

• Yeah I am. I feel like romance has to come from within, if you're not romantic, then don't force it, because it won't work.

• It can sometimes be really frustrating to be more romantic than a partner. I have just learned that's me and I don't expect the same fervor in response.

To be a better romantic for ya person? Just be sweet and do unexpected nice things for them.

• It's about knowing the qualities you want in a potential mate. I've wasted a lot of energy and time because of playing the field. When you know what to look for and become effortlessly comfortable within your own skin the process becomes easy to determine who is for you and who is against you

• Nope, I'm a hopeful aromantic...

• Naah, im too much romantic. lol. but i dont have anyone to do romance with. ughhhhhh

• Not really but I'm more of a spontaneous person when it comes to romance.

• Yep.

• Fuck romance and fuck relationships. 👌👍

• I'm not romantic

• I would like to spend time with them

• I don't know. I mean, I could tell you how I am, but I don't know if it'll work for you.

• yeah I'm hopeless but not romantic

• no, im not

What Girls Said 3

• No I am not

• Sometimes I am , other times I am brutally realist.

• Yes very...