Is it wrong of me to be upset because boyfriend didn't plan anything for Valentines?

So he works out of town and we won't be together actually on Valentine's Day, but he's coming home today to spend the night and go back Sunday.

Anyway i expected tonight to be a date night so I bought a dress, fixed my hair all that. My grandmother asked if we were going out or if we wanted her to cook. I called him to ask if he wanted to eat at her house just to offer. He said yes and seemed very excited.

This made me upset because I thought we were going out tonight. Last year he didn't do anything either so I thought he would for sure this year. I don't know maybe I'm overreacting but I wanted to just be with him tonight.

Most Helpful Guy

• If he is making it a habit of not doing nothing for Valentine's day then chances are he doesn't realise how important a day it is for you. You have to let him know that Valentine's day is a special day for you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh honey this is such a typical female thing to do. If you want to spend the night with him alone, you need to tell him. By inviting him go to your grandmother's you let him think that's what you want to do. You gotta tell him. He may have made reservations and cancelled them because you invited him to Grandma's.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 4

• I dont think so, I treat Valentine's day as every other day with My Girlfriend... sure we do get gifts and a card, dinner, something, but we don't need a special day to show our love, care and compassion
    Everyday gestures go a long way

• I think you're not communicating well with him about how much Valentine's Day means to you. To him it isn't a big deal, and because you never spoke up he feels the day isn't a big deal to you either.

• You should take the initiative and take him out. Why wait to have him ask you. He's clueless.

• You're probably right... he's just clueless

• It's just possible that by your taking him out, he might get the hint.

• valentines is a day that reminds single people, they're still single. it is NO DIFFERENT than any other day

What Girls Said 3

• Have you let him know it's important to you and that you want to go out? He may not know

• Maybe he is just not into valentines day. I don't even do valentines... it is overated

• I would be upset too! And you should let him know or else it's gonna eat you up inside. But let him know a quick night out would suffice if he's tied up on his time. Because it matters to you