Is Valentines day becoming a day to bash all the heart wreckers in the world?

Is it just me, or are more people seeming to become more bitter when Valentines Day comes around.

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't notice that.
    I'm not sure why people should be sad. I have a guess tho. Different Holidays and events such as Valentines or even Christmas becoming materialist. The concept of similar holidays suppose to represent love, forgiveness and unity. Kindness and generosity. But the definition is twisted for a while. It's more of a competition. A challenge of who remembers first and who spend more. The less you spend and the less you purchase. Your loyalty and love is going to be under process of court and jury to be questioned. This materialist aspect puts unnecessary mental pressures even for those who loves playing the game. We have enough stress today. Now we made unnecessary stress out of events who mainly must be considered as an extra excuse for happiness and gatherings. Not emptying our pockets in order to show love. That is why me and my girlfriend don't care about Valentines day at all. We don't need the world declare us a particular day in order to love each other. On the other hand, generation by generation, teenage period becomes with noticeable pressure of being virgin-none virginity. Opposite sex and relationships. When such events like Valentines Day arrives. People who are virgins or generally singles might become insecure. Because they constantly forced to believe if they are virgin, they are losers, and if they are single, something is wrong with them. The older the worst. So the other form of mental pressure applies to those who go eligible to these conditions. They might find insecurities, anxieties and depressions thinking "if something is wrong with them" and at the same time observing other people inch by inch couples are hanging out. These pressures can also turn into jealousy. And such environment and battle psychologically would lead to a bitter atmosphere.

So that's generally my theory regarding the topic.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 18

• Holidays can be a horrible time for many people. It's similar to how the Christmas season can create a lot of depression and/or suicides. This holiday reminds people that they are single instead of having no family. These same people like to see everyone miserable because they are miserable. However, being single is a blessing in disguise.

• Valentines day is not only a cruel tradition, but also incredibly callous. I think it's a disgrace to be honest. One alternative name for it could be Make All the Lonely People Miserable Day. Flaunting this idealistic love, which for some people truly is unobtainable, in everyones face whether they want it or not. It's incredibly mean.

• I think the bitter ones are more vocal and simply draw your attention. The couples who are romantic and planning a special day to celebrate their love do so quietly. Romance is still very much alive!

• This has been going on for years. Many who don't have a Valentine come off as being bitter. And it's pretty easy to feel like you, being alone and without a partner, do not belong in society which for a whole day celebrates exactly that one important thing you lack.

• i think most people are in relationships so.. I think most people just get stressed about not ruining it.

Hey, did you know, or is it common to celebrate as a couple from the night of 13 to 14? n I just found out that they do this in here in some discos and restaurants :o like wtf, that's celebrating before the day. Is this a thing?

• It's understandable, those who want it but are unwilling to take steps to get it usually end up bitter.

Ironically these bitter people don't realise it's precisely that attitude that has them single in the first place.

• You're just noticing it. It's wen like that for a long time. It's just another hallmark holiday that companies and TV shows jazz up to take everyone's money and make single people feel bombarded with shit that makes them feel bad... "don't be the loser who's alone this Valentine's day". "make sure you spend your money right to give that 'special someone' what they deserve"... Nigga please 🙄

• Not bitter but when you're single it doesn't mean much...
    However I can imagine that if someone has broken your heart it goed indeed bring up the wrong memories :-(

• I really don't know lol I always try to cheer a few girls up on it though since I know it can be a rough holdiday for some.

• to some extent yes, but in all honesty if you're single, it's time to mingle, and if you're in a couple, it's time to express all the love you have for your partner

• I hope not, it'd be sad

• I lost my first girlfriend on Valentine's Day of 2014! I'm now feeling very bitter when it comes around because I'm single and have been since August of 2014!

• The bitter ones are people who don't have a valentine and it hurts them to know that a lot of people have a Valentine while they don't.

• I'm not bitter being single, but I do want a day when I'll have a s/o (female) during Valentine's day.

• Valentines Day has just become a day of sadness all around

• if you are in a relationship then why bother to annoy single people.

• day of love... so your love is limited to a single person only... spread happiness love animals kids and to whom who need it

• it's just a reminder to single people that they're still single, thats the only reason the holiday exists

What Girls Said 5

• yes, so it seems (online at least).
    Ngl but that's a huge part of what prompted me to write this take earlier today:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a34944-common-misconceptions-about-the-not-so-perfect-reality-of-being-in-a
    🙈

• Valentines Day would be a day of pain for me... Talk about having a red valentine , if you know what I mean.

• It became a commercial and artificial day, so I don't celebrate anymore. I try to be kind and loveful the whole year

• People have always been bitter, they do not need Valentine's Day for that. I'm single yet the unfair assumption on Valentine's Day is that single people are bitter, but that is something that people in relationships perpetuate. I'm getting my nails done on Valentine's Day so I'm excited about that

• I think its a bit commercial and a day to hate couples if you are single.