How was your Valentine's Day?

How was your day, or how is it going so far?
Do you have a significant other? If so, what did you two do, or have planned, to celebrate Valentine's Day? Did you give/receive gifts?
Or... are you sad that you are alone today? Does it feel like a typical day?
Feel free to vent or ramble about your day! I'm interested to hear about it.

My day was pretty decent. It felt a lot like any other day, though. I'm not in a relationship or anything... but this past weekend, my crush complimented me on a necklace I was wearing, and so I wore it today. He doesn't go to my school but it still felt nice to wear it as a reminder of him. Simply wearing it kind of made my day, so I'm satisfied with my Valentine's Day. I also got a bunch of chocolates from family and friends, too, so that was nice :)

• I had a wonderful day! :D
  • I had an okay day :/
  • I just want this day to be over. There's too much hype for this.
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D
  • I had a horrible day :(
    Vote E
  • I had a good day :)
    Vote F
  • Don't even talk to me about Valentine's day.
    Vote G

Most Helpful Guy

• The girl I have a crush on is also my best friend and I know she's not into me and she knows that I was into her a few months ago.
    This semester I only have a class of 1 hour in common with her.
    And that class was today. So I thought it would be a horrible day because I was going to sit next to her and 2 of my other friends (one of them knows about the fact that I have a crush on my best friend).

But my best friend was not is class (she gets really horrible migraine attacks), so after class I texted her asking how she was doing I talked to my other friends for an hour. I still had classes after that and they didn't.
    I left for my programming class. As soon as I got outside of the building where my friends were, my best friend texted me back on how she was doing and then started texting me about other stuff that we usually talk about.

My laptop was busted and passed the repair center for my campus and decided to get it fixed because otherwise programming would go pretty bad,
    I then went home because I didn't make it in time for class.
    Why entire way back home my best friend was texting me.
    As soon as I got home we continued texting.
    Later she was sending me memes (as we do almost everyday).
    We were sending stuff about something specific and we mostly look on the same site. So after a bit she was laughing with me because I was sending her memes that she had just seen, so my response was that she had more time because she didn't attend class. She responded with saying that she found the first meme and instantly send it to me while she was taking a bath. Of course I just got the image of her in the bath her face and hands sticking out of the foam.

So at that point I was thinking about her for the rest of the day. Later we started talking about a show we like. She would tell me how much she loves her favorite character and why he would be the perfect boyfriend (unfortunately everything she said about him was basically me but then good looking).

We went on talking about more random stuff and then she told me she was going to sleep so we just wished each other a good night as usual.

So needless to say, IT WAS HORRIBLE.
    I'm trying to stop thinking about her as my crush and just as friends but she makes it really difficult.

• You two sound like you would be a cute couple! It's always nice when relationships branch off frpm really close friendships. I wish you luck on winning her over/getting over her (whichever you prefer, although the latter sounds a little sad, so I'm going to admit that I'm leaning more towards the former).

• Well yeah, getting together would be nice but I doubt that that will happen so I hope that I'll get over her really soon

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm single but my day wasn't ideal. First I had to wake up before getting adequate sleep for school and then it was very cold and I had to wait around 20 minutes for my bus. Then after my 2 classes I had to spend an hour planning my presentation and the I had a bible study - we had so much pizza that they begged me to take them home with me so I carried this gigantic pizza box to the mall and there was no room in the bus so I had to work hard not to fall while carrying this gigantic pizza box, and drink and very packed bag. Then I realized my friend isn't as nice as I thought he was when he forgot to relay an important message I told him to send somebody else. Once I got to the terminal where I transfer buses - my pizza box fell on the ground and all the pizzas inside got dirty. I was thirsty so I went to the restaurant to buy coke and then I added other stuff into my coke like juice and stuff - the added sugar made me nauseous making me wonder if I had diabetes and then I waited between 25 - 50 minutes for the bus to get back home from the restaurant where I was drinking coke.

• Oh, what an eventful day! It sounds like you went through a lot of trouble for that pizza! I'm sorry you had a bad day. Hopefully tomorrow won't be as bad?

• Thanks! good luck to you too in everything that you do!

• Thank you! You're very kind :)

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 29

• Just like almost every other day. I was so sleepy and tired from working late night the day prior, had to sleep in throughout most of the day. I wasn't scheduled to work on this holiday this year, so it just meant I get a day off to rest so it was all good.

• I had a job interview. I think it went pretty well. I'm single so I don't have anyone to celebrate with. That's okay though. I'm satisfied with my day.
    Maybe that compliment from your crush is a sign. Keep an eye on his behavior - not in a creepy way though.

• That's good that you have a positive attitude about Valentine's Day despite being single. Thank you for the advice, but I already know he likes me at least a little bit lol (but we're both too inexperienced and shy to do anything about it haha). Best of luck getting the job!

• My ex girlfriend who dated me for a weekend and then decided she didn't want to be with me had a good day, but I didn't.
    She told me, when I asked her out, that she was gonna break up with her current (long- distance) boyfriend to be with me. At the end of our third full day together, she told me she still had feelings for him and wasn't ready to break up with him.
    Then, just a couple short weeks later, she broke up with him and started dating someone at our school.
    Needless to say, yesterday was awful. I got to see her new boyfriend give her flowers and a teddy bear. Meanwhile, I have nobody, and no one wants to hear about my problems.
    So, in short, my Valentine's Day was pretty shitty.

• How was your day, or how is it going so far?
    My Valentines day was 100% Busy. Work, work...

Do you have a significant other?
    No, but I have my trustful hands :)

If so, what did you two do, or have planned, to celebrate Valentine's Day?
    I masturbated to valentines day themed porn. It was so exciting *o* and I loved it.

Did you give/receive gifts?
    Nein.

Or... are you sad that you are alone today?
    I don't really care about it much like @JudgmentDay. The best advise that was told is to be happy single first - then share it with someone worthy. So far so good.

Does it feel like a typical day?
    Absolutely it does! And as such I voted for an okay day - another day just like the days before.

Okay, that was it. Now I get back to work.

• Mine was okay had to go to group therapy but it was cool.

happyvalentinesdaytoyou.com/.../...ay-Images-1.gif

• Texted my crush HVD and her response was positive. Went to work later that night, saw her and we talked quite a bit. Although, it sucks that she literally has no time to hang out with me, I'm still happy. It just makes my day seeing her. 😊

• I got home from work and changed into my gym clothes, went to put my shoes on and fell asleep on the couch!

• Was shooting for 4x18x100kg high bar squat and end up with only 4x17x100kg so my day SUCKS :'( :'( :'(

• Well, i spent my Valentines day completely sick with a virus. What a wonderful day! (i wanna die)

• That sucks, I'm sorry. Did you stay in bed and take the day off?

• You need to take it easy so you can get better, silly xD
      Don't overwork yourself now! Especially if you feel like passing out.

• I feel like dying now lol

• Its like every other day, I had to work. I am going out with a lady friend in a little more than a hour though.

• I had a pretty good day i just work today got some my boss gave me and the other employees candy and then i got a text from a girl that I'm friend's with telling me Happy Valentine's Day which meant a lot to me since no one has never told me that before and plus I'm single so that was awesome having a girl telling me that 😊

• I woke up dizzy, kinda sad I couldn't ask anyone but mehhhh😀

• I'm bad with remembering dates and I didn't know it was Valentine's Day until two days later πŸ˜†.

• Nice and chill. I ended up going to Twin Peaks and having dinner there. Gotta love their theme weeks.

• Just chilled the first time being single on valentines day was not as bad as I thought is was going to be.

• It was just like any other day

• I jerked off 7 times

• As usual, I had a great day. Not looking forward to going home, though.

• It was great: me and my girlfriend went down to the local bar, got drunk & beat up some midgets.

• Didn't do anything I don't always do.

• Hung out with my ex haha πŸ˜… Cuddled, wrestled, reminisced. It ended with crying and long hugs from both of us as she's now moving away for 3 years..

• Aw... that's so sad! At least you got some closure getting to see her one last time and make some memories, right?

• That's nice :) Hope everything works out

• Haha thankyou, I don't think it will for her, but oh well.. 😬

• Work drain the life out of me but my SO made my evening super

• It's a routine I'm single every year so it's not a big deal anymore

• Boring.

• I dont believe the word of love 😌

• Just like any other day.

• had a memorial service for a fallen police officer 18 years ago. and me like an idiot went running around to fix a watch, and an iphone and food shop, came home at 6:00pm. My entire day was shot to shit, and to think my crush 1/2 a world away would be happy to see me. Nope. So my day was shit.

• I spend it at work and perfectly happy about it since it is overtime and basically sat around doing fuck all.

• I made sweet love to my hand all day. It was beautiful.

What Girls Said 22

• I slept in until 10.
    I watched some Netflix.
    I fed my horse.
    I've only eaten fudge all day
    I got a 2 hour massage.
    And I'm Skyping my man tonight <3

• It was Amazing.
    I went with a Date to a Big Valentine Party.
    Happy to See your own Valentine's Day was Very Special, dear. xx

• Thank you :) Great to hear from you. How was the party?

• It was Great. It's nice to go to a Party once in awhile where there is so much love. lolxxoo

• my day was perfect~ the man and i ordered pizza and just chilled at home, cuddling and watching shows on youtube.

(i really don't care for v-day, so low-key is perfect.)

• That does sound very ideal, actually! Pizza, cuddles, and YouTube makes for a great day, I'm sure :)

Was really boring. Want to punch certain people.
    Do you have a significant other?
    Yes
    Literally nothing. I thought he'd make me some nice dinner or something.
    Did you give/receive gifts?
    No.
    I'm not sad that I'm alone. I'm sad that I never get romantic boyfriends.
    So went to work, one guy was a rude fuck. Too bad I can't ban him from doing his job. Went to gym. Met boyfriend. Got annoyed and went home.

• It was a good day, spent it with some of my friends. We watched a movie and afterwards went to my best friends house and played games. :)

• That sounds fun! Board games or video games?

• Video games mostly, a majority of my friends are male. We would all go to their house and play Xbox and stuff.

• Cool! I'm glad you had a good day. Thanks for sharing :)

• It's just a Tuesday... It doesn't mean anything

• I went to an open day at uni, I bought a gift for my mom's bday, then took the train and went home for lunch, I cooked, noticed that I started my period, said fuck it and watched Friends for the rest of the day instead of going to the gym lol

• I have an SO. I wanted to make things easy for him and not end up feeling jaded so 3 days ago I told him my favorite flower, which store they were in sale at and exactly where to find them. I got up at 5 am to make some lovely red velvet pancakes for breakfast. I didn't get anything in return.

• Oh, I'm sorry :/ I'm sure he feels bad about forgetting. At least you got to eat pancakes, though, right?

• he didn't forget. he just decided not to. said the flowers weren't fresh enough so he got me nothing instead.

• Aw, that sucks... I'm sorry. You don't deserve that. You sound like a great girlfriend making pancakes and everything.

• Super busy and stressful at work, but a guy working in the deli of my building who flirts with me regularly went out of his way to say hello and give me plasticware, salt, pepper, etc. wrapped up in a napkin as I was leaving with my lunch.

I'm debating whether to give him my number. I think our backgrounds are way too different and he's not really my type, but he is very nice.

In any case, it made my day. Now home for dinner and tv.

• Went to class this morning, now on a short break at work. Later tonight, going to a fancy restaurant with my girlfriend

• Was a good day, went to class and now working on a project. It's just like any other day.

• It wasn't a bad day

• just any other day

• It's Valentine's Day?

• It was pretty good

• I dont have a SO now or ever in my life so I had never ever celebrated this comercial holiday

• My day started out not too well, I worked a twelve hour shift and it was super busy and stressful at work. I came home exhausted, but my husband had made me a wonderful dinner and surprised me with lots of Valentine's Day gifts!

• Tiring

• it was ok. Nothing special

• Not good. I stayed home from school because I'm sick.

• It sucked ass

• I'm single so I don't have a boyfriend and because since my dad passed away in march of 2016 for Valentine's Day it was my mom and me and her sister and her sisters friends who came over to play games with us and they would drink

• I'm so sorry about your dad. It's nice that you spent time with your family, though

• thanks and ya