Is it okay to refuse sex on Valentine's Day?

I'm really upset that my boyfriend didn't get me anything for Valentine's Day. He said he can't afford it but I mean I would have been fine with just a letter and he knows that. I bought him chocolates a few days ago and that's what I'll be giving him today. I know he'll want to have sex later today while I'm at his house so is it okay to say no?

Most Helpful Guy

• So you're trying to manipulate him passive-aggressively by refusing sex because you feel entitled to gits, rather than talk to him like an adult? That's unacceptable. If you were my girlfriend and you ever ONCE did something like that your ass is out of my life.

• I feel like it's okay for me to want a small gift on Valentine's Day? I'm not asking for a $100 dinner or a car. Especially since he didn't get me anything last year either.

• I'm not trying to manipulate him into buying me a gift, it wouldn't mean anything. I'm saying if he's trying to come onto me if it's alright to say no for the reason being that I'm upset.

• But what does you having sex have to do with you being upset? If you're upset then talk it out. There's no reason it has to affect your sex lives

Most Helpful Girl

• If your not in the mood, your just not in the mood. Sometimes when your having problems with the person you are in a relationship with it can make you lose interest in having sex with them at the time until the two of you both talk. But yeah it would of been nice if he did buy you something since you did the same for him. Nothing to fancy or big, anything thoughtful. Sounds like the guy is the type that doesn't like putting in any effort and you are more so the type to do everything to keep the relationship going.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 10

• So, to have sex with you he has to give you something.
    Interesting.
    What other women have sex in return for cash or gifts?
    Think about it.
    I think that your boyfriend would be better off without you.

• Maybe you shouldn't offer sex as a reward for a change.

• It is always 100% okay to refuse sex.

• It's okay to refuse sex on any day, especially stupid holidays

• This is what materialism does to people...

• Yes its ok

• If you want to create another bitter man on this planet, then yes.

• Sounds like you want to be single.

• Of course it is okay.

• you can refuse sex whenever you want.

What Girls Said 13

• You are entitled to refuse sex at any time.

I do think you're being a touch petty about the gift thing though.

• I don't think the gifts should matter. Valentine's Day is literally just another day and if he doesn't have a lot of money, then you shouldn't be giving him a hard time. Yes, it doesn't cost a lot to get some chocolates or a card, but gifts aren't everything. I would much rather have sex with my boyfriend on Valentine's Day than receiving gifts

• Yes you don't have to have sex with him if you don't want too. Never feel obligated to do so especially cause it's Valentines Day. He should have got you something. If he couldn't afford anything he could have got you chocolate or bought you a card. They aren't that expensive in my opinion a home made card or written letter is much more cuter than a store bought one.

• You can always say no

• Even my LITERALLY homeless boyfriend was able to get me a couple flowers. no excuse, if he doesn't want to do gifts he should say that instead of saying he doesn't have money. Its the thought that counts. Even a fucking letter dude. That shit doesn't cost. You don't want sex, its your pussy girl! Of course its ok :)

• Your body your choice. Simple as that.

• I mean it's petty but you're not obligated to have sex with someone on any day you got him something you don't have to give him your body if you're not in the mood

• If he couldn't afford it let it be just that. It's okay. It's just a day. Sometimes guys don't think like we do with hand made notes and stuff. I think you'll make it worse holding out simply because you didn't get a gift.

• yes it is okay you don't have to o it if you don't want

• Sex has to be mutual and you do no want to have any sex you do not have to engage in any... it is okay to say no to sex..

• IT'S ALWAYS OKAY TO SAY NO even if your in a relationship!!

• Of course! Do whatever you want, girl! If he doesn't respect you decisions, he's not a keeper.

• He can't afford a card? Aren't roses like 25 cents! Heck. A Twix bar? Nothing?

Sorry I wouldn't have sex either. And I would keep the chocolates for myself.