Why do men look away?

Pretty much all strange men I see at places initially look at me for a second, then immediately look away...what does that mean? am I hideous? on rare occasion, I will see catch one watching me, but it's usually someone much older. I only get hit on by much older men and married men. I'm no model, so I'm guessing they find me unattractive...? this pertains to men in their 30's...so not inexperienced young guys.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 6

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!

• Selected as most helpful

Most people don't stare at each other out of common courtesy. It isn't always an indicator as to how attractive or not someone finds you. The men who hit on you are the ones that find you attractive as a general rule. Other men may find you attractive, but if they aren't going to approach, then you are left with the ones who are. That means if you want a different type of man other than what's been hitting on you, you need to approach men yourself.

• Thanks. Sadly, the few men I have made the first move on turned out to be cowards. Maybe it's coincidence, but I can't bring myself to do it anymore.

• It depends. Staring at anyone in general is not "polite" to many people. Doesn't matter what gender or anything.

• probably because your so fuking beautiful your just so intimidating and because men are such shy creatures we can't handle it and we get all nervous and chit

• Most men try not to stare out of consideration.

• It means nothing. They saw you and looked away, everyone does this.

• Yes, you're right, they would do that if they were interested. I might be missing something, but it seems obvious that those who do this aren't interested in you.

Is that bad? No. Is something wrong with you? Nope. Whistles? Guys do this for fun. Older guys mostly? They have more experience and are less shy.

Approaching is much more serious/intimate, so guys would be more hesitant to do so.

• OK, but if they're interested, don't they typically try to hold eye contact for a couple seconds or smile? Seems like they just try to look away and never approach. They have opportunities to approach. I get cat call on ocasion and whistles from random strangers riding by, but men rarely approach me in person. Totally confused. My attractive married guy friend-coworkers talk to me...maybe because they're married, but it's damn near impossible to get a strange man to show interest.

• Well if it's me, I'm looking away out of common courtesy for you.