What does it mean when a guy likes you, but will try to avoid you?

I know this guy who apparently likes me, But will avoid me at all cost & when I try to tlk to him he gets really mean & cocky. I met him through his sister. We became best friends & the 1st time I went to her house she introduced me & he was nice & all, but afterward locked himself in his room & didn't tlk to us the whole time I was there! Since then every time I go over there he will do the same thing or go out. I didn't think anything of it until I realized he did it every time I showed up! I thought, "Man, he must think I'm annoying or something." Until his sister told me he thought I was attractive & liked me, she also told me he said not to tell me. Wtf! I thought she was messing with me, but started questioning it when we were playing truth or dare in his room (which we rarely do) & his best friend whispered to me that he likes me & told him to suggest playing truth or dare so he could hang out with me. I thought, "What kind of s*** is this!?" I'm so confused! Help me!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 4

What Guys Said 3

• means he's afraid you won't feel the same

• he is just shy or may think you ar eout of his league

• he must think you won't like him back.

• He's intimidated and insecure or jus shy

• Selected as most helpful

how old is her brother? if he's over say 19 and he knwos you are under age he could just be frustated about the whole thing. (if the age difference is 2 or less years it's okay at least where I live.)

• it could be that you are his first major crush and he doesn't know/understand how to go about handling it.

• I would say a few months older, I can't remember. I just know his birthday is in the fall and mine is in spring, so yeah..

• It would be that he's just shy and wants you to approach him.

• As a guy who went through the whole teenage shyness thing. Simply put he is scared of rejection, because not only would you rejecting him hurt his pride. You are his sisters friend, therefore he feels like he would be ridiculed by her if shot down. I have a little sister myself and had a similar probably when I was a teen. If you like him back, my advice would be to make a move on him.

I hope this helped. = ) Good luck!