Trying to understand what a guy means by being Friends after a break up?

So my ex broke up with me and pretty much begged me to be friends cause I didn't want to see him but now I try to hang out and he won't reply to me. I've noticed on Twitter that he's recently put a lot of sad posts but I still can't tell what he's feeling. I dropped his stuff off and left a goodbye note the other day and still haven't heard anything. I just want to know why he would want to say lets be friends and not go through with it.

What Guys Said 1

• Weird. When I wanted to be friends with my ex, it was just an excuse for me to leave since she was trying to PREVENT me from breaking up with her.

I don't want to speculate too much, but maybe he's feeling guilty about something or is having family troubles. If you still care about him you could ask what's up, but you're certainly not obligated to.

• Yah I've asked him before and he didn't reply. So I stopped trying and just deleted him from social sites. Do all exes come back?

• Not all of them do.

What Girls Said 1

• I think maybe he was using the friends excuse to soften the break up a bit for himself. Maybe he did that and thought that it would be easier for him to let you go, and then realized that it wasn't so easy.

So he stopped contacting you at all. If I were you, I'd just let him go and stop all contact. If he wants to speak to you he will, but since you guys aren't dating anymore, it's not your responsibility to keep tabs on him.

• That's what I thought too. I just like unfriendly him on all social media. If he wants to contact me, he know where I live and how to get a hold of me. Thanks for the advice!