Why do some people forgive cheating?

I know i would never forgive anything beyond a kiss, anything more is not acceptable. But there are people who stay with the same person just to get cheated on again. Are they too worried they will be alone?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Their love for each other is too strong to not forgive.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Forgiveness itself is a matter of situation and scenario. Sometimes cheating is not "the end" people think it is. A lot of people cheat once and never again.

1|0
    0|0
    • I believe when someone is cheating for a longer period of time they won't stop.

• Show All
    • I believe never ever. Sex workers are different to affairs, they are way easier to get and don't take much effort and energy to actually do it.

• Well that is sound logic. So be it!

• Because there can be circumstances.

If I didn't touch my wife sexually for years, and I knew she needed it, I wouldn't be surprised or angry when she found it elsewhere.

Conversely, if she did not give me sex for an extended amount of time, I would find it elsewhere.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am one of those people who got cheated on again so I don't anymore.

The thing I notice is that cheaters psychologically reconcile their actions in their heads and will continue to deny that what they did was wrong so it's like arguing with a brick wall.

So basically I learned the hard way that cheating even once ends everything and if they've cheated on past partners, it's wise to stay extremely cautious.

0|0
    0|0
  • Christopher Ryan (PhD) and Cacilda Jethá (M.D.) wrote a book in this very subject, and Chris gave a lecture about it at the Sydney Opera House.

play.sydneyoperahouse.com/.../...ty-get-a-dog.html

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they love the other one so much and believe he or she is so sincerely sorry that it will not happen again.
    Perhaps also, because often if someone cheats the partner has not given his/her loved one enough attention. So people consider it partially their fault.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. I've known several couples who managed to get through one of the partners' cheating, and are still together today. I don't think I could manage that.

0|0
    0|0
  • there's no fawken way that ill ever forgive a cheater. Once a cheater will always remain a cheater. Its like he's juz using u again and again to wait for another cutie to come around the corner

0|0
    0|0
  • Lamebabe... says it all, sometimes the investment is so huge, u forgive as starting over means you have to invest all over again !

0|0
    0|0
  • because they think everyone is different.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• The person may be drunk in love with the cheater and he/she believes that his/her partner won't do that again out of love. Love makes you see the best out of people. Although I am highly against returning to someone who cheated on you, there are people who don't want to lose the person they love so they choose to past through it and try to make things work

0|0
    0|0
  • Until you are in that situation you honestly can't say how you will react.
    Many people stay for love not out of fear of being alone. They work out their problems and their relationship is stronger for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they may be afraid of change or yes...afraid of being alone. I'd never take someone back that cheated on me physically or emotionally

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they love the person so much and they get persuaded by them saying stuff like "There were no feelings, just sex", "I'll never do it again" and so on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I forgave it with my first love because my grandpa died the same day he told me and I couldn't face it emotionally.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people feel they've invested so much into their relationship that they just can't let it go.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes