Do I confront the guy who hurt me or not bother?I'm sensitive but not a pushover?

So I have known this guy for years, we were dating for the past year.
I heard from a friend of his that he is now in a relationship. I asked him and he said he wasn't.
He claimed his friend was lying but I found lipstick on his shirt that proved otherwise. And since then I have discovered several lies he has told.
Friends of mine are telling me to confront him and let him know how hurt I am. And to not let him get away with all the lies he has told. Basically they want me to tell him that I know the truth.

I think I should let it go as I want nothing to do with him.
But are my friends right? Should I confront him? They think guys get away with way too much and need by not telling him, I'm just letting that happen.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should let it go. what would be the result of confronting him.
    a) he lies again. makes you angrier
    b) he is honest. and you're still angry right?

I think that you should let it go. no that this guess is dishonest and not worth your time and just move forward. say good riddance to old garbage

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I would let it go, he will get the point anyway. When and if he asks why you are no longer speaking with him, simply say, I have heard a lot of rumours and have reason to believe that you are seeing someone else and that you just want a proper relationship. Say you can't carry on with someone when there is so much mistrust.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Just let it go. He'll probably lie about it anyway. If he asks why you're not around anymore then just tell him you know

0|0
    0|0
  • You should just stop talking to this guy. He is clearly lying to you and thats not going to change just because you caught him. If he cared about whether it would hurt you or not he wouldn't have lied to begin with. He lied for hia own benefit.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Confront him! Geez, I never understood what happened to speaking your mind THEN drop the losers in your life. Yea they might (and I emphasize might) get a kick out of someone showing how they THINK they had such a big effect on that person but once they see you literally cut them off they'll see how they really fucked up and put your words and action together. People need to learn from their fuck ups!

0|0
    0|0
  • Just let him go and let him be, by you trying to confront him my make a ass out of you, just ignore him and don't listen to your friends. He doesn't care about your feelings what's so ever because if he did he wouldn't constantly lie. Your doing the right thing by just saying fuck him. You deserve to be happy and if you confront him it just will make matters worse on you. You'll just stay hurt.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you want nothing to do with him then let it go. Whats the point of reliving the pain he caused you in telling him about it? My recent ex from a 5 year relationship, with a child involved, tore me to pieces and its not worth the pain, at least to me, to rehash it with him. However if you feel a need to let him know then by all means go for it, men do get away with a lot but then sometimes its just not worth it for our own mental health.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah confront him

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes