Ex boyfriend and I decided to work things out, but our family and friends dont exactly approve of the decison?

My ex boyfriend and I were together for 3 years, we broke up for about 7 months and during the course of the hard break up, we informed our family and friends of all the detailed hurt that we both put each other through, dating other people, hating each other and making them dislike the thought of reconcile. I know that it takes time and as we go through working things out together slowly, how do we handle our family and friends inputs about us especially if its so important?

11