Broke it off with my bf because...I didn't overreact right?

We've been going out for 7 months. The semester just ended and he went back home for the summer. We usually text every day but then I didn't here from him for about 4 days. I got really worried and he wasn't replying to my texts or calls...

I checked my Facebook to see if maybe he sent me a message, but he didn't. But I did a picture on my timeline that pissed me off. It was of him, his bestfriend, his ex and her bestfriend going to see a movie. Posted by his bestfriend and the caption said it was taken during the days I didn't hear from him...

Finally he called me and when I asked him why he didn't reply for a couple days, he said he was busy. Obviously he didn't know that I saw the picture of him, but I took that as him keeping secrets. When I told him I saw the pictures he told me they were just hanging out.

He and his ex were together for a year and some months and I know for a fact she still has feelings for him. I don't like mind games and junk. And he tried to avoid talking about it.

Anyway, I broke up with him for all of this. Honestly, did I overreact?

by the way we were in a place in our relationship where I thought we were growing closer -__-

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I'm assuming that the terms of your relationship were predicated on your boyfriend contacting you every day or every other day unless given a verbal notice otherwise. If he violated this agreement for any reason you deem unfit, you may end the relationship. That free will thing is great, isn't it? I wouldn't call it over-reacting.

Thanks for making us eat that apple, Mr. Snake!

0|0
    1|0
    • umm no... Did you read the other details in the paragraph? lol

• Show All
    • So you're upset because he has friends? Not because he "hide it from you"? If you broke up with him for hanging out with his ex, then yes, you over-reacted.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you over reacted at all. The fact that he wasn't answering or contacting you was completely wrong. He should have told you before you had to tell him about the picture. He shouldn't have been hanging out with his ex girlfriend in the first place. You have every right to be mad/upset. That was a really shitty thing to do. You were his girlfriend and you come first over anyone else. There is no reason he didn't answer you.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• no you didn't overreact. he wasn't being honest with you and try to hide something from you

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure breaking up w him is the rite decision u should have try talk it out more before come to any conclusion

0|0
    0|0
    • I just got so made because I felt he tried to hide hanging out with his ex from me :( But I do see what you mean

What Girls Said 3

• No...I don't think you overreacted at all...I would have done the same thing. I get upset if my BF doesn't contact me within a day...you could maybe let that slide...but the fact that he ignored you...his girlfriend while he was out with his ex is completely unacceptable. Like Paulina528 said..you should come first...way before his ex. If he was busy and had exams or a lot of work that's one thing...but chilling with his ex is another. You can do better.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, you did not overreact.

He was disrespectful not to at the very least give you a head's up and he appears to have tried to conceal/lie on top of it. You made the right call!

0|0
    0|0
  • No, you didn't overreact. What's up with the ex? He found something "better" to do for four whole days that he couldn't get in touch with you. I'm sorry but 4 days and no contact because he was "busy" but could go out and see friends? Unacceptable. You did right to dump him. Don't waste another minute worrying if you did the right thing. You know you did.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes