Broke it off with my bf because...I didn't overreact right?

We've been going out for 7 months. The semester just ended and he went back home for the summer. We usually text every day but then I didn't here from him for about 4 days. I got really worried and he wasn't replying to my texts or calls...

I checked my Facebook to see if maybe he sent me a message, but he didn't. But I did a picture on my timeline that pissed me off. It was of him, his bestfriend, his ex and her bestfriend going to see a movie. Posted by his bestfriend and the caption said it was taken during the days I didn't hear from him...

Finally he called me and when I asked him why he didn't reply for a couple days, he said he was busy. Obviously he didn't know that I saw the picture of him, but I took that as him keeping secrets. When I told him I saw the pictures he told me they were just hanging out.

He and his ex were together for a year and some months and I know for a fact she still has feelings for him. I don't like mind games and junk. And he tried to avoid talking about it.

Anyway, I broke up with him for all of this. Honestly, did I overreact?

by the way we were in a place in our relationship where I thought we were growing closer -__-

43

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I'm assuming that the terms of your relationship were predicated on your boyfriend contacting you every day or every other day unless given a verbal notice otherwise. If he violated this agreement for any reason you deem unfit, you may end the relationship. That free will thing is great, isn't it? I wouldn't call it over-reacting.

Thanks for making us eat that apple, Mr. Snake!

• umm no... Did you read the other details in the paragraph? lol

• So you're upset because he has friends? Not because he "hide it from you"? If you broke up with him for hanging out with his ex, then yes, you over-reacted.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you over reacted at all. The fact that he wasn't answering or contacting you was completely wrong. He should have told you before you had to tell him about the picture. He shouldn't have been hanging out with his ex girlfriend in the first place. You have every right to be mad/upset. That was a really shitty thing to do. You were his girlfriend and you come first over anyone else. There is no reason he didn't answer you.