Can I get someone to analyze this situation?

So my guy friend and I went out for a beer, nothing unusual. He had too much to drink (so he says), we had a few heart to hearts, and then at the end of the night after some flirting he grabs the back of my head and kisses me very passionately.

There's no denying that we've had sexual tension building up around us, but I'm a single girl and he's taken. That's enough for me to think he is a perfect best guy friend, and nothing more. I never went in to kiss him or flirted with him. It was all on his side.

The next morning we talked about it and he says this via text:
"I like us as friends I had fun hanging out just went over board I'm sorry" and "You're going to meet some hot finance guy soon anyways! #richlife"

At that point he had already apologized a dozen times and anytime I asked him why he did it, he gave me a different excuse each time. I'm just wondering did he have feelings for me, or start to develop feelings for me?

We're planning to go out soon to celebrate the end of the semester, and I want to find out what he's really feeling? Any pointers?

11