I finally told my abusive ex off, but was it the best decision?

My ex had been messaging me, he was wanting to be friends and I finally after a year of being broken up told him I can't be friends with someone who abused me, I only allow people with respect into my life. but now I feel bad, guilty in a sense, that maybe we could be friends.. but in reality I know we shouldn't. Have you ever one through this? is it the best decision?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• It is natural to want to give your man a second, and third chance. How was he abusive? Please do not fall into the trap that many women fall into: When a man is truly abusive- she will feel guilty for leaving him.

Deep down you know he has a pain in his soul. You know he is crying out for help.

But unfortunately, he has to want help- even if he is pleading for it, he likely isn't ready. He will show it to you in actions and deeds- and you will know there has been a true heart- change in him.

Unfortunately, this is so rare, my only advice is to bury your head in your pillow, and mourn him- then never contact him again.

There is going to be a strange softness in your heart for him- forever. But never let it bring you back to someone who is going to take his anger out on you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • you hit it right on, thanks.