How to move on from long term, live in fiance?

So long story short, me and my fiance were in a long distance relationship for almost a year, until I left everything and everyone and moved across the country to be with him. Since I've been living with him things went from bad to worse. I found out the worst things that one can find out about their partner. He had cheated on me many times, went behind my back on a lot of things, and lied about pretty much EVERYTHING! He also didn't confess any of this until I showed him all of the proof. Only then did he confess and say he was sorry and regretted everything.

I have given him countless chances, but today I decided that I had had enough. I found out that he was still cheating on me and lying to me. And of course, he denied it until I confronted him with proof. He just said that "He has a problem and wants to get help for it". So today I decided to go back home. But I really need help on coping with all of this. I love this man with all my heart, and I can't even imagine waking up every morning without him by my side.

But I know I have to move on, I just don't know how. I just want to know that everything is gonna be okay. If anyone has gone through something similar or has any advice, I would really appreciate it. I'm just going through a really hard time right now. I never thought this would happen. Also, I'm 18 years old, if that makes a difference. Thanks everyone.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• what you need to do is make sure there is no way you can ever contact him again and vice versa. the good thing about going back home is that it will give you a fresh start with familiar surroundings. and if you must go seek the help from a therapist. at first it will be hard as hell but you will be fine. you just need to be strong. you had the courage to give up everything for someone , and i believe you have the courage and strength to get back on your feet.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• you still have your life ahead of you still he cheated on you over and over again find someone else cause if you have kids with this guy it will only get worse find someone that loves you and for who you are and that's not going to cheat and lie plus with all the std's that's out their it ain't worth losing your health over it

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• advice: do not build your life and your future plans around another person, in this case a man. and never 'leave everything and everyone' behind because of a relationship. you're just too young even to think about that anyway! go see the world, learn new stuff, meet different people.. don't make yourself so dependant on a romantic relationship. do you really think he's the first and last man on earth who'll ever love you? hey he even cheated! that's not love! but it's out there and you'll eventually find it later on. stop moping and find something interesting to do, someone interesting (even just female friends) to talk to! you've got plenty of time to think about romance again :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes