What do guys do after they break up with a girl? What do they feel?

This guy and I really loved each other and were together for 5 years and he ended it bc after his parent's divorce he didn't think he could love or commit again. What do guys feel after they break up with a girl? Do they hurt? Do they regret it?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• there's this saying that when people break up, girls get emotional first and cry hard but eventually move on whereas guys feel the pain way later. I don't know if that's true though but personally I dont regret any guy who rejected me because if they did, it means they werent the right guy for me

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• After I broke up with my Sasha, I never felt more alone in my life. It was like the rug was pulled out from under my soul. I cried a bunch, unable to stop.

I have dated other girls/ women before, but nobody was like Sasha.

She was amazing, special wonderful. She knew so much about me, and didn't judge me.

I still love her. I always will.

0|0
    0|0
    • why did you never contact her?

• Show All
    • why did you break up with her then?

• Religious differences. I need a girl who will pray with me, go to church with me, and be fill in the gap spiritually. The only woman who will survive me is a woman who has a good relationship with God!

• I've only broke up with one. It felt good and like I had a ton of bricks taken off my shoulders. I have no regrets on that one. Others I was sad with but glad I'm not with them now. Just one, I regret. I didn't break it off with her, it was mutual and for the best. I want her back everyday.

0|0
    0|0
  • Alone, angry, depressed. An overwhelming feeling of "how did I not see it?" because every breakup I've had was because she did something really shitty.

0|0
    0|0
    • but he really didn't have much of a reason. 3 weeks ago ( he visits me at college) we were happy and watching movies and making blanket forts and so in love and then he just kinda bombed this

• Show All
    • Ah, yes, I can totally get that. He's probably watched his dad get screwed in the divorce.

Divorce courts are HEAVILY stacked against men and the statistics aren't good. If you consider half of all marriages end in divorce and 2/3rds of divorces are initiated by women, who win almost every time... any guy getting serious at this point has to risk everything he's worked for if he gets married. Divorce is a nightmare for men. It's even worse if you have kids. Many guys lose their home, half their wealth and a huge chunk of his income.

Most guys who end up divorced never saw it coming either.

• well, i don't know the logistics but i not think she'd get anything from his dad this time. not much at least. they were only together 5 years? and he's 17 so it's not like there's any child support, and from what my ex said he was able to go right in and get an apartment on a pretty posh side of town.

• my thoughts are...

"yay! im finally single once again! now i can check women out, flirt with them without guilt, remorse or consequences"

0|0
    1|0
  • Honestly...

Freedom.

AND pleasures to fulfill my liberalizational satisfactory needs.

Amen.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing because we drink heavily and we feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels good. feels.

0|0
    0|0
  • Freedom, Less stress, starting fresh

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Probably similar to how girls feel - depending on who does the dumping.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes