My ex boyfriend and I decided to work things out, but he's now starting to doubt my love for him?

My ex boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years, 7 months ago he decided to leave me after I lied to him. During our long and hard breakup, we never fully let go of each other, but met new people to occupy our time apart. I started dating a guy that showed me a lot of interest and distracted me from being depressed without my ex. Later down the road, my ex and I decided that we still love each other and could not move on from one another. I ended things with the new guy and focused on my ex. He's a bit insecure and tends to feel as if he comes in second place after realizes someone had won me over at some point. How do I resolve this by proving to him that he's the man I love and want without pushing things while were slowly working on us?

02