Does the No Contact rule work to get an ex back?

Has anyone had success with using the NC rule? I'm using it right now and it's been 2 weeks.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, but I wasn't doing it to get him back. He just thought he could still keep me around as a friend and emotional support while being single and screwing around. When I told him that wasn't an option, he was ok with it for a while, and then wanted to get back together pretty bad.

I didn't want him back though. The NC rule, for me, was to heal and get over him. If it takes going NC to get them back when they were quite sure about breaking up, it's probably not going to last anyway.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• To get an ex back? What? No. I use no-contact because I do not want to hear from them again. Only a girl would really hope that the guy "misses her" from NC.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• It doesn't work. If you want her back just talk to her. While you're waiting for her to miss you, she might be moving on.

0|0
    0|0
  • no. I haven't

0|0
    0|0
  • No contact is to help you. Not get you ex back. You must do it for yourself.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• No no no no no.. game playing, nothing more nothing less, games will only ever drive people away.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it can work. But, it's better to just find someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • not really, if she is gone, she is gone, can't do anything about it, that's the reality either you face it or you keep dwelling in past and put up false hope which only makes life miserable

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes