MEN: How do you get over a heartbreak or break up?

Like right after the break up to when you are over the person

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Pure mind control.
    The biggest part is that i try not to get attached before i know someone loves me back for who i am that makes the rejections a lot easier.

When i do have a break-up i control my thoughts and feelings. I am very aware of how feelings work so its easier to influence them for me.

Avoid ANY romantic or hopeful thought about that person. You are NOT going to think how lovely he is, what you want him to do to you and how much you want him back. If he does pop in your mind thats ok as thats your brain processing stuff just try not to turn these fantasy's into memories.

Once you are unsure if you still love him but still have feelings do the simple picture test. When your feelings aren't that intense look at his/her picture and see if the feeling intensifies. If nothing happens the feelings no longer belong to him and it will be a matter of time before they stop.

Another technique that can be helpful but is also very silly is moving your feelings to someone that doesn't exist, an imaginary friend. Every time you want to fantasize about him loving you think of that imaginary person instead (he is imaginary because otherwise you could fall in love with a real person).

The whole bottom line is that your subcontious has no clue between fantasy and reality. You can feel really angry from a dream you had or when you think back about an event that made you angry. It is the exact same with love. Avoid it and it will stop.