Why does he still try to contact me if he's moved on?

I was with my ex for 8 months and it was the longest relationship either of us had before. When we broke up he told me he's still in love with me and regrets ending it. But I made it clear that I didn't want to speak again because he treated me so rubbish before and after us breaking up so he didn't deserve me in his life.

Since then, he still goes out of his way to look at my profiles - he accidentally liked posts on my instagram, sends me snapchats at least twice a week, texted me and when we are at the same club he's always staring at me - my friends and his friends even picked up on this.

The thing is he has recently moved on, when I was out on Friday he was with his new girl in the same spot me and my friends always go to and he always used to stand at least at a different side of the room. When I was sitting down with my friends he moved and stood opposite me kissing the girl, it's like why go out of your way to shove it infront of my face. If he's moved on why go to all that trouble?

11