If you found out a girl had her ex husband's last name, would you automatically assume she was still married?

Some women keep their married name, for one reason or another, and not just because they have children. For the record I kept mine because I just liked it better than my maiden name. Zero contact with my ex husband.

I'm just wondering if any guys out there would think a woman is really still married or something. I'd just hate for someone I'm interested in to think that I was lying or something. I always make it known I am divorced but don't make a point to get into the last names unless they meet my family. If there's a better time to bring this up, by all means suggest

13

Most Helpful Guy

• No, my parents got divorced a few years ago and my mom kept my dads last name, not sure why, for her kids maybe, or to keep her professional name in her career. Either way it's totally normal and the last name isn't a sign either way

Most Helpful Girl

• i hope not, i didn't change mine