I broke up with my bf becoz i refuse to have sex with him. have i done right?

any comments on that..
i will be pleased to hear from you all
i m quite puzzled right now.
though i must say i want him desperately! but my beliefs says that its wrong n impure to have sex before marriage.
Updates:
Thnks for all the comments..
But my guy decided to wait for me. He swear upon God he will if i tell him a reason why i dnt want sex now :)
still can't put words to say

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• As an atheist I feel sorry for both of you because your belief has cost you an opportunity to be happy. Since I don't believe in gods, I don't understand the value of behaving a certain way to gain their favor and it seems like a loss to me.

I'm not you though. My values are different from yours, and you may derive a great deal of happiness from your belief. Perhaps more than what you've refused with your BF. If that's the case, you did right. If it's not, you did wrong.

That's according to my value structure though, and it's based on the idea that he who dies having experienced the most moments of true happiness is the winner. Your mileage will vary because you probably find other things more important than simple happiness.

0|0
    0|0
    • Okay.thnks for commenting..but truly when you know the true living God.that bf is nothing compare with that. If one day you find your in a trouble and don't know what to say, just say a small prayer (or if you really want to know what i am talkin about, do just urge this prayer with faith that your prayer will be answered) Say," Lord, if i don't know if you exist. But if you do, i want you to come into my life and be my saviour. i want to know you and see you. Please Lord, Amen. I guarantee you, you will discover extraordinary things. :) no offence pliz. tk this as a friend

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like you left out a lot of information that could have potentially made your situation even more clear.
    Did he want to have sex with you? Did he try to? Did he force the idea on you? Did he keep talking about it? Did you tell him no? Did you tell him no every single time? How many times did he bring it up? Did it make you uncomfortable?

0|1
    0|0
    • a lot of time!!! He insisted and kept sayin za i want you. even try to manipulate me emotionally that i dnt love him bcoz i dnt want to hv sex wiz him. blah blah.. but i stil love him. but i wnt do sex bcoz of za. God is my priority.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• If he doesn't share the same beliefs as you regarding sex and marriage than it wouldn't work out anyway.

Sex is vital to a relationship. Not necessarily the act of doing it, but having a mutual understanding and satisfaction about what the sex life is, be it non existent or very alive or whatever

0|0
    0|0
  • Wish your beliefs made you spell properly.

Have you done right? Yes, if that's what you truly want. You believe what you believe.

1|0
    0|0
    • wish u realised that not everyones first language is english.

• Seems to be a personal choice rather than a lack of understanding the language. It's a very childish way to type. Just my opinion.

• And a lazy way to type. There is something to be said for doing things the proper way.

• shouldn't force sex. if you're not ready for it and he's not willing to wait, you did the right thing

0|1
    0|0
  • Well he should not take advantage of you, if he loves you, he would not hurt you. It's more in life than just sex. I think that you will find the right guy who loves you for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh, I need a lot more information to tell you whether that was a good idea or not

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the duration interval of the relationship you made go down the drain...

0|1
    0|0
  • There's nothing wrong with that. If he really loved you then he would be willing to wait.

0|1
    0|2
    • It would only be waiting if they are planning to marry. Otherwise it's not waiting for marriage for him. It's waiting till they break up.

• Then she did the right thing by breaking up.

• If he loves and cars about you he will wait if he doesn't dump his sorry ass

1|1
    0|0
    • Thats right if he truly luv u, he could wait unless he juz wanted to get what he wanted anf than leave afterwards anyways

• Yup, couldn't agree more.

What Girls Said 5

• omg well done i have no idea who u r but i respect u a lot lol.
    i love how u stood by ur beliefs. i believe u did do the right thing. love does not come before ur beliefsā€¦. and of course a lot of people here may condemn u for being silly to break up with a guy cuz of that but seriously, its about ur comfort in the end and if thats what u needed to do to get comfort, then u did the right thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no need to break up with him if he isn't trying to get you into bed, if he is then you did the right thing by breaking up with him. You deserve someone that loves you not someone who can't respect your belief and morals and keeps pressuring you into doing something you don't want to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you serious? You broke up with him because he wanted to have sex with you!!! It's not an excuse and it's not a good thing to broke up with your love because of something like that!

0|1
    0|0
    • I read the question like everyone else, saw your response and went back and read it again, and I see it now. =)

I agree, it is a bad reason to break up just because someone wanted something when they could have been told no. (Its only bad if he forced the issue, obviously). Good Answer!!!

• I say to stay pure and true to yourself. C= Most people regret not staying a virgin till marriage.

0|0
    0|1
  • Yup youve done right , Great

0|1
    0|1

Recommended myTakes