What is making him stay if he's cheating?

So I don't have proof that he actually physically cheated on me but I do know that a girl from his work was texting him and sending him pictures. I confronted him and her and both said nothing was going on. We since have broken up (bad breakup mind you) we said hurtful things and all that horrible stuff. I told him he was a cheater and a lier and he said if only I thought of him differently. We're talking again and he's being very different then he has ever been throughout our whole relationship in a good way. My question is if he wanted to be with her or continue having inappropriate conversations with her or any other girl for that matter would he even try to work things out with me. It's not like we have kids or anything like that so walking away would be easy. Everytime I try he says he's not going to say goodbye to me. I'm so confused on which direction I should go here.

41

Most Helpful Guy

• it sounds like he realized that he messed up and now he wants to be with you. rather simple.

I think if you see changes in him that make you trust him then go for it. but you have to be able to have completely forgiven otherwise a relationship is tough (I know from experience). but I would make it clear to him, if or when you decide to take him back, that any other dalliance and your done with him

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I always give everyone the benefit of the doubt And a-------Second chance around.
    I realize when it comes to being a cheater, a zebra doesn't normally change his stripes. In your case, nothing was proved when it came to your proof in the pudding with the Other Sweet Pea, except a few sweet nothings and some pictures. That was Most certainly 'Inappropriate,' I agree with you.
    Being he is trying, and most likely wants to get back together, his tail between his legs Now And where it belongs, I can't guarantee he won't be pushing more buttons and looking at more pics with someone else, but yes...If he wanted the other sass pot he wouldn't be working so hard at getting you back to where you both once were.
    However, should he ever pull this little stunt again down the road, give him his walking papers, and tell him 'Which direction' Then he should go...Straight To And Don't turn back.
    Good luck.xx

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE