Does anyone feel extremely guilty when it comes to breaking up with someone?

Like I am kinda a softy. If i have a bf i really care about his feelings. So when i know it woon't last i do try to break up, but then they get all sad and i give them another chance. Right now i am with this guy, he's goodlooking, but we are just not compatible and he irritates at times, and he is just not the one. But everytime i try to break up he begs for me to bare with him and give him a chance.

Anyone has this kinda problem when breaking up?

Like you rather the person break up with you or you try to be the worst partner or annoy them but they stay with you anyways?
Updates:
O-M-G. i finally did it. Tonight, before i broke up with him, he was being his asshole argue for unnecessary shit, overly sensitive while being insensitive behaviour. I finally emailed him the letter. I know breaking up with someone via email is bad
But damn it this is like the 4th time i tried, and the times before i did it to his face. I needed to do it through email/letter cause i wanted to say everything i needed to say without letting the guilt or me/him crying getting in the way

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless she did something stupid enough like cheating, or taking me for granted I would feel sorry for her. If he didn't do anything stupid to you and you just feel like he's not the right one for you and that's why you want to break up with him, you should feel that way.

1|0
    0|0
    • gosh he just makes it seem like his world would crash down if i left. He is really good looking i am sure he could get a new gf, but he doesn't wanna do that. We are not compatible. We just offend each other unintentionally. He just can't give me what i need in a relationship.

• Show All
    • e* lol

• lol it's ok :). Thanks I need the luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's more cruel to lie and let things drag than break up. In fact, not breaking up without them just because they beg doesn't make u a nice person.

Stop cowarding out of the truth. Break up. Move on. You're doing him a favour being honest instead of sugar coating lies.

1|0
    0|0
    • you are so right. I am gonna do it next month.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I can imagine why you might feel this way. Luckily for me, my past breakups have always been pretty damn mutual in nature, so there weren't as many hurt feelings or feeling of guilt involved.

That said, I'd feel MORE guilty for staying with someone I didn't love than I would for dumping that person, especially if I knew that they weren't "the one".

Best of luck to you, and I hope it turns out well!

0|0
    0|0
  • No. If they suck, I don't mind tell them straight up.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yea I actually wrote this letter about why i believe we won't work, why he shouldn't be with me and why i don't wanna be with him. And when he messes up. I just hand him it saying " You've been served asshole" lmao or " I am sorry, i can't do this anymore"

• Show All
    • well not sweet. he is just not being an asshole 65% of the time lol/.

• The first time I broke up with a girl (by my choice), I almost cried I was so nervous.

In fact, I think I did a little.

0|0
    0|0
    • yea i just feel so horrible to hurt them, it's not like i don't care about him, i just don't wanna be with him, and he really wants to be with me =\

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, I'm going through these feelings right now too. But you still have to do what is best for you and your future. What is going to make you happy in the long run? He will have to take care of himself, you can't worry about it. Good luck!

1|0
    0|0
    • Yea he just makes it seem like i'm the only positive thing he has in his life and its too much pressure. I will this year i am just hoping to do it when he messes up or in June/july =(

• Show All
    • He'll be okay. Time heals almost everything. If you aren't working together it's in his best interest too - even if he can't see it right now!

• i know urgh. Thanks for being nice and not bashing me for not breaking up with him yet. I am gonna break up with him soon june/july =\

• No i dont have time for that

0|0
    0|1
  • I hate breaking up actually cause i'm scared i'll regret it after, gladly it never came to the point that i felt this way.
    But i do had a situation like yours i get mad at myself afterwards so one time (i know this is kind of heartless) i decided to just end it via text. I wanted to meet up again but he keeps telling me that he knew why i needed to talk to him and that if i wanted to break up again that i just tell him via text so i did. He got so mad...

1|0
    0|0
    • Well this is the first time, but i broke it off via email. I usually respect people enough to do it to their face if they allow me to meet them after the " we need to talk" line. But this is the 4th time i have tried to end it, the last 3 times i did it to his face and phone calls. But gosh I couldn't take it anymore. I have a report to do, and i wouldn't see him until next Saturday coming and i just wanted to do it through the email. I couldn't take another, awkward break up speeech, seeing his hurt, feeling guilty, and hugging him feeling awkward when to leave his apartment, walk down the stairs to my car. He wasn't even a good boyfriend anyways. We were just not ever gonna work, and i needed to end it now rather than later. I actually feel free now but guilty when i allow myself to think about it

• Show All
    • yea same here, all my exes always text me back wanting another chance. But i am not gonna settle. Yea I wanna be single for a long while.

• yea i just hate how they ask for chances but not appreciate it. Just makes me so happy to be single. We made the right choice. Text or email, we did it cause it was for the best.

Recommended myTakes