I'm going through a break up... how can I make my anxiety go away?

I hardly sleep, I don't want to eat, I'm always anxious, I don't know what to do!
Went to bed at 3 and woke up at 6 unable to go back to bed, and I feel sick to my stomach.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• First thing you could do: even if you don't want to restore your relationship, let him know that you're having a very hard time and that you need a chat. Very often, talking about what happened can put you a but at ease.
    If you're so angry that you don't want to see him again, go find your friends and cry out. Don't let yourself be eaten up by emotion!
    The signs you descrive are the first signs of depression.
    Come on, try to find yourself back! Everyone is having a hard time at the end of a relationship. Wish you courage :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• For the time being you need to realise you need to eat something and sleep (no matter what it is...even junk will help for the short term) Take every day one at a time. Worrying about contacting him or him contacting you will only make things worse. You have to pick yourself up and take small steps forward. A wise lady once told me 3 months and you will feel like a different (and better) person.

Going through my own breakup i did a few things: watching a funny movie used to help me. I had my one movie that became like a security blanket everytime i felt down. Also get your feelings out (to a friend, on paper or on forums). Get out of bed, put some nice clothes amd makeup on even if you aren't leaving the house. Dont shut yourself from friends and make yourself go out once and a while with friends even if it feels aweful the first few times. Also find things that make you smile. Make smiling a habit!! Eventually as you heal you will become less anxious and happier. Just. Now and then memories will come back but you just have to snap out of it, ignore it and think of a happy thing you have done by yourself.