Beginning stages of divorce, advice needed from those with experience.?

What steps do you recommend both emotionally and physically?
I will have sole custody of 2 children.
Any mistakes that you made and learned from?

15

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes.
    •Make it swift.
    •While the divorce proceedings take place try not to live in the same house.
    •Avoid fighting in front if the kids at all costs.
    •Make a plan and have a strategy. •Divide things now amongst yourselves now and not through a lawyer ( much cheaper).
    •Hide money for yourself if possible.
    •Use a mediator with a flat fee.
    •Do not lawyer up! They end up taking a lions share of what you have.
    •Do not bad mouth their father! It only makes you look bad.

•Lastly, don't duel on tha past. Your future is much brighter without him around. You will feel content and happy again.

• Speed isn't a problem since he just walked away completely :(
      Thanks for your advice.

• Ty. This comes from my own recent experience. The fact that he walked away is a blessing in disguise. It makes it easier for you to divorce him.