Love of my life just broke up with me?

I've been with her for a year. For past 3 months or so we had been in long distance relationship with 4 hrs time difference. Just yesterday she broke up with me saying she doesn't love me any more (she says she still cares about me though). She was supposed to fly here in August as planned before, and even now she says she will fly here if I want her to come (for old time's sake).
I just can't believe it, the time we had together was amazing and i told her its just the distance but i don't know what to do..
She went for internship in March and will be back to the country next January.
I love her so much and would do anything to make her fall in love again if that's the case. But how do I go about it.

32

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't. You can't make someone love you it's her decision and her decision alone. I know it hurts and that's because it's suppose to. Losing someone you care about is suppose to make you miss them. But if she's the love of her life you should be able to step back and allow her to live her life. Love is like a cat. You leave the door open and it'll come and go as it pleases but try and force it to stay and all you get is a lot of tooth and claw and they'll eventually run away. It's okay. I think to often we are taught that you can only love one. That there will only be one person in your life that you'll fall madly in love with. That's just not true. Their are 7 billion people on earth each with unique and dynamic personalities. People change including you. It may seem like your world is shattering but your still alive. Which means you have one choice: keep going. That's all you can do. You have to keep going and learn to appreciate the things you do have. Maybe she'll come back maybe she won't but you can't make her. Maybe you'll find someone new that you love just as much or even more. I don't know and neither do you. We can't predict what happens in life you just have to learn to cope with it as it comes. You haven't taken your life yet so that means your already strong enough to endure these feelings now all you have to do is wait it out. You'll be fine.