Experiences with no contact? Feel like it's hurting more than helping?

Has anyone else tried no contact in dealing with a split? I am on day two and I feel like it's impossible. The problem for me isn't the actual contact, but I'm trying to stay off FB/twitter and it's so hard, I nearly gave in yesterday, and woke up this morning and she was all I can think about, and I feel like it's hurting me more than helping but I'm not sure.

52

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha you're only on day two my friend. The fun has just begun.

I'm not sure why you two split or who was responsible for what but I always find getting closure, before stoping contact helpful even if the conversation doesn't go smoothly "it usually doesn't" but that's okay because it's always gives me a nice reality check and reminder of why I don't need this person in my life.

I define closure as just a final conversation or an attempt to make amends before I completely erase a person from my life.

But it only works if you're not the guilty one if that makes sense.

If you've already done all the above and you're not the one who's wronged in the relationship the only thing you can do is wait it out and let time heal.

I totally understand the not checking Facebook and Twitter thing. I really wish there was a button where I could block myself from viewing a persons profile and even in general being on the net can be pretty depressing seeing all your friends post photos with their significant others especially when you're going through a split.

Just hang in there, it'll get better.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I tried to get some sort of closure by asking her where we stood, but she never replied to me and sub tweeted about me saying I need to take a hint. So most of my conclusions about what went wrong have just been assumptions I have drawn over the past three months, nothing really definitive on her part, all I got was "I'm not sure about a relationship right now" and that she "felt obligated to make time for me" and liked "being by herself" it just sucks cuz I feel like we were both not mature enough for the relationship but would still be a good fit for each other, that's why it's so hard to let her go I think

• There's your closure right there.
      She isn't ready, I wouldn't
      advise waiting up on her either.

Clearly she has a lot of maturing to do if she's taking private issues and using them and entertainment for twitter.

You should probably just start cutting contact slowly. If the friendship was strong it can be rebuilt after time.