Does it actually mean these people are not over their ex?

Everyone uses FB these days to post stuff especially love related, without actually saying it.

When people break up, i notice these "optimistic" posts on their Facebook talking about how they are going to find someone better, how they are going to be even happier, how they don't need their ex.
In my book if they took the time to write/post that stuff, it means that they are still thinking of their ex and the absence of the person is bothering to them.
Am i right or wrong? Feel free to write

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you are right, they aren't over their ex if they write stuff like that. Personally I hate Facebook and have never understood people who use it to share things from their personal life.. It's so weird.

1|0
    0|0
    • It's even worse when they post these things about their ex, when they already date someone else.

i don't get Facebook either. I just don't feel like sharing anything. I rarely do. I mostly use it to chat to others, since everyone else around here uses Facebook. Hopefully people will get bored of it but i'm not getting my hopes high.

• I hope that too!! Everyone from my University has Facebook so I need to have one too, since all the study information is on fb. So stupid. Otherwise I also use it to chat with family that live in other countries.. But we have started using what's app and Skype instead. I really really hope that Facebook stops soon. It's a waste of time.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• It depends. I sometimes write things about my ex's but I'm completely over them both. It's usually pent up rage about how they treated me that comes out as a discreet status. So some may not be over their ex's, some are but they're not over the bad memories.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think so too..normally its difficult for someone to forget an ex

0|0
    0|0
  • They do it for show on fb. what they really want to say is that I'm miserable over my ex but they don't want anyone to see that in forward to be spread it around back to the ex they want to look strong. also some people on Facebook have nothing else better to talk about then their relationships including their old relationships

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• I have seen chicks keep all their exes on their fb pages. All the pictures as well. So there's an entire Facebook covered in kissing pictures and all types of love post from like 5-6 different guys.

Even though the chick cheated on them, got an abortion and was dumped right after and hot hit by one of them she still keeps them all around. Likes and comments on all their post ( the dont reply ). And for some stupid reason they dont delete her off their pages.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes