I would rather break-up over text. Why do some people think that is so terrible?

Seriously, what's the big deal? If it's over, it's over. Doing it in person seems like so much unnecessary drama for both parties.

88

Most Helpful Guy

• It's impersonal. If you were romantic with someone, it's kind of a thing that you should break up face to face, in person. It's like asking someone out via Facebook or asking someone to marry you on Facebook.

I suppose there's the other issue of: Someone could hack your phone. Say you live with your dad and he's the type to do that (I know many fathers who would send it as their daughter); There's also a chance that it's sent to the wrong person, or that person somehow doesn't get that message. I know that E-mails, for example, sometimes get lost. Then there's the slight chance of it being misunderstood: "Oh, I thought you were joking!"

Now, I don't get that upset (at least so far). There's little drama from my side.

I prefer for women to ask me out. It isn't gonna happen, so I just have to hitch up my big boy pants, and ask a woman out in person. First, it's respectful (at least how I do it). Sure, it'd be easier to wait for girls to ask, but... I'm an adult... It isn't fun to ask, but I do it because I'm telling her I'm gutsy enough to risk it and I respect her enough to give her my time enough to ask her. If I want to spend more time with her, I've got to take the risk and do it in person (or at least by phone). This also lets me hear and react to it without wondering.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends I think. Some may want closure, it can just be hard on some people to feel like they didn't have a chance to talk it out, no matter how bleak their chances of keeping the relationship together are. It's just better to do it in person I think, for the dumpee.

• I got dumped in person and closure didn't come for many moons even after he did it the "upright" way and cutting all contact with me so I could more easily move on. Nothing I cried about or said to his face changed a thing. It was one of my lowest points and I'm sure I looked pathetic. I could have kept some dignity responding over text!

• you have dignity just by being there taking it face to face. there's no dignity in doing it impersonally over a text