Should I break up with my boyfriend? I'm feeling tied down?

He has always been very kind to me, and as never given me a reason to want to break up, but lately I've felt very tied down. Who am I kidding, ever since we became an item I've felt tied down. He's very clingy and wants to be with me all of the time. I got out of a bad relationship when I met him and I told him if we were going to be together he would be a rebound. I've tried hard to keep him from being a rebound because he is so nice and I feel like I should like him. But as time has past (we've been together for a little over two months now) I've felt more and more tied down. Especially in the past two days. It's gotten to a point where I don't want much to do with him any more. But I don't want to hurt his feelings either. what should I do?
  • tell him you need space
    Vote A
  • tell him you want to take a break for a while
    Vote B
  • break up with him right away
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You should be honest in a kind way. Tell him you're really sorry and he's a great guy but you two have different expectations for the relationship and you can not give him the time and attention he deserves. It's best to tell him sooner rather than later as to not string him along.

0|0
    0|0
    • thanks so much. sometimes it's tough to do so since he always is making plans for us to do things. I feel so captured, and I don't want to hurt his feelings, but i totally agree with you, stringing him along would be worse. thanks!

• Show All
    • You're welcome! It will be kind of a bummer but he will get over it. Just handle it the way you would want him to handle it if you were him and he were you.

• @the_unwated I'm not saying she has to be sappy but she should strive to be considerate.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• he seems like a nice guy, acting as any bf should. this has nothing to do with him , it s you that don't want to be tied down by any bf right now right? just tell him how you feel that a bf isn t what you need right now, and that he did nothing wrong. hope it helps :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I worry that the the reason you're not feeling it for him is you're used to getting into bad relationships and the guy treating you like crap. If that's the case, you really should give this guy a chance!

0|0
    0|0
  • Break up with him. You're so silly.

0|0
    1|0
  • Tell him you have to do whats best for you.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes