Should I break up with my boyfriend? I'm feeling tied down?

He has always been very kind to me, and as never given me a reason to want to break up, but lately I've felt very tied down. Who am I kidding, ever since we became an item I've felt tied down. He's very clingy and wants to be with me all of the time. I got out of a bad relationship when I met him and I told him if we were going to be together he would be a rebound. I've tried hard to keep him from being a rebound because he is so nice and I feel like I should like him. But as time has past (we've been together for a little over two months now) I've felt more and more tied down. Especially in the past two days. It's gotten to a point where I don't want much to do with him any more. But I don't want to hurt his feelings either. what should I do?
  • tell him you need space
  • tell him you want to take a break for a while
  • break up with him right away
    Vote C

14

Most Helpful Girl

• You should be honest in a kind way. Tell him you're really sorry and he's a great guy but you two have different expectations for the relationship and you can not give him the time and attention he deserves. It's best to tell him sooner rather than later as to not string him along.

• thanks so much. sometimes it's tough to do so since he always is making plans for us to do things. I feel so captured, and I don't want to hurt his feelings, but i totally agree with you, stringing him along would be worse. thanks!

• You're welcome! It will be kind of a bummer but he will get over it. Just handle it the way you would want him to handle it if you were him and he were you.

• @the_unwated I'm not saying she has to be sappy but she should strive to be considerate.