Anxiety attacks and nightmares 7 months after break up, normal? And how to ease/end it.?

Okay, so it starts out with my ex of 3 & 1/2 years trying to pressure me into college last summer, she got me pretty close to going anyway I had no idea where to even start. She moved to her college in August and broke up with me in October because I showed no sign of going to college. Devastated enough in the first 3 months that it cost me my job, unemployed for the next 4 months. In those four months I end up blocking pretty much all contact and removing all memory triggers I can. End up getting enrolled to community college for this fall. End up also getting a summer part time job. But this is the problems I am having; I still have dreams about her which I don't want. I still keep having multiple anxiety attacks throughout each day. I have already heard the it will take time, find someone else, and keep busy a billion times. Thing is other women/men don't help, I have tried to keep busy and for the most part it works but my brain goes "hey I bet she is with like 5 guys right now". Are there any alternatives I can do? anything at all to help me through this agony? Oh and if it helps with anything, I have bipolar disorder.

62

Most Helpful Guy

• You could try writing down your thoughts and what bothers you. That always helps me.