I cheated. She found out. She wants to know everything. I'm having trouble giving all the correct details. Do I just fess up?

We lived together 2 years. Had promise rings. Things weren't amazing living together, but they weren't bad by any means. We had fun. We grew.

I cheated. And she wants to know if i had sex with this girl. Initially I told her we didn't. I told her she tried to kiss me, and I stopped her. I told her I was the one who sought the girl out though. (Thing is...I did have sex.)

I feel guilty. She's since then moved out, but is still clearly having intense feelings for me. She's not ready to let go..but is insistent for me to admit having sex with her.

My questions:

Why is she doing this? To validate that I'm not the one and find another reason to hate me? Or to hear what I have to say and maybe, just maybe, try again someday.

(She says she can't begin the 'forgive process' until she hears the truth..)

Is this worth getting back into? I could honestly never do what i did again. I feel way to guilty to do so.

I don't know what to do

136

Most Helpful Girl

• You clearly don't feel that terrible or you wouldn't have lied (again) when she asked you what happened. Your relationship will never be the same. It's like shattering a mirror. You can glue it all back together, but you'll always see the cracks. It'd be easier to just move on, start fresh and not ruin it next time.

Most Helpful Guy

• She wants closure by having you admit it so that she can be certain in her decision to leave you. Otherwise she will always wonder if she was the one that made the mistake by not trusting you. Either way the relationship is damaged beyond repair, and will never be the same. It would be better to just give up on her and find another girl. Only don't betray the next girl.