My ex bullies me at work.. I told my manager, did I do the right thing?

Me and my ex went out for 4 months, we work together. he's recently started being horrible to me after I dumped him for being a bad boyfriend.
- He makes me look bad in front of customers
- Tells me im rubbish at my job
- Treats me like im stupid
- Laughs when I make mistakes
- doesn't support me when there are long queues ( we work in a cafe)
- Excludes me from the group
- Calls me names e.g. bitch or stupid, or not good enough to work there.

So after all this - He tries to make me jealous by talking about other girls he fucks (when he is kind to me), anyway - when he does this I just ignore it but deep down it upsets me and I dread coming into work, like literally I panic.
So this week - I tried to reach out to him and explain that I felt uncomfortable - I phoned him - he didn't answer, so i emailed him, he also didn't reply.
At work - I asked him directly what his problem was - he literally verbally attacked me, telling me im disrepectful, he doesn't like me, he doesn't care if i feel like he makes me uncomfortable, literally laid into me. But all the examples he used were from when we were together (he cheated - so how am i disrespectful?). I was shocked, I told him to f off and he told me to shut the fuck up, then i went to the back and burst into tears.. He didn't even come to console me or anything, he just laughed at me.
So I went home upset, and I slept on it, and I mailed my manager to say I wanted to speak to her. We haven't spoken yet, am I doing the right thing? I wanted to quit.. but I love my job.

11