Have you ever had to end something even though you didn't want to?

Have you ever needed to end a relationship or a friends with benefits thing or a friendship because it was what was best for you or the other person, even though you didn't want to? If so, explain

48

Most Helpful Guy

• I was dating this girl, we had really great sexual chemistry, but for some reason, I just wasn't feeling her emotionally. Once I could tell she was really starting to develop feelings, I had to end it. I really didn't want to, because she was fun to hang out with (not just for the sex), but I didn't want to hurt her anymore than I was already going to have to.

I was also really damn irritated at myself for not being able to feel the same way about her that she did about me. I couldn't see any logical reason for me NOT to be catching feelings.

The breakup was shitty, I felt like an asshole and wish I'd ended things sooner than I did, while she was still just in it for the fun. It was the first time I'd been on that end of things, I was always the one catching feelings and getting hurt, so I knew damn well how it felt to be on that side of things, and I hated that I was responsible for making her feel that way.

C'est la vie.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I had to end a friends with benefits relationship mainly because I really cared for the guy, but he couldn't see anything past sex with me. In the end, I felt devalued and I felt like I made a mistake by allowing it to go on for as long as I did. Maybe it was for the best because he never reached out to me after that.