Have you ever had to end something even though you didn't want to?

Have you ever needed to end a relationship or a friends with benefits thing or a friendship because it was what was best for you or the other person, even though you didn't want to? If so, explain

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I was dating this girl, we had really great sexual chemistry, but for some reason, I just wasn't feeling her emotionally. Once I could tell she was really starting to develop feelings, I had to end it. I really didn't want to, because she was fun to hang out with (not just for the sex), but I didn't want to hurt her anymore than I was already going to have to.

I was also really damn irritated at myself for not being able to feel the same way about her that she did about me. I couldn't see any logical reason for me NOT to be catching feelings.

The breakup was shitty, I felt like an asshole and wish I'd ended things sooner than I did, while she was still just in it for the fun. It was the first time I'd been on that end of things, I was always the one catching feelings and getting hurt, so I knew damn well how it felt to be on that side of things, and I hated that I was responsible for making her feel that way.

C'est la vie.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I had to end a friends with benefits relationship mainly because I really cared for the guy, but he couldn't see anything past sex with me. In the end, I felt devalued and I felt like I made a mistake by allowing it to go on for as long as I did. Maybe it was for the best because he never reached out to me after that.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Yes. I had a relationship that was only physical with a girl. We just used each other for sex and there wasn't a true, genuine relationship. Looking back i wish i would've lead a different example and swept her off her feet with "real" love but I was just in a different mindset at that time.. The relationship was poisonous and I wasn't being a real man, but I learned from that and moved on!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I've done it cause it was best for both of us & I can well do it again all the time. I've even accepted that decision coming from the other end i.e. her.

I can't explain though since it involves various things and I don't want to trigger debates :)

Emotionally I didn't want to end it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I started loving my friend, initially the feeling was not there but when I started spending time with her, I got to know her better. But the same was not from her end. So I tried to move apart but she herself needed the attention/friendship (idk)..whatever it was, I didn't want to end up with her but I pretended myself to be creepy to get rid of her. And finally I became a happy man.
    Seriously when I looked back, I didn't want to end it up because her each act seemed so cute to me. Now she really sucks and I understood not to fall in trap of friendship. It sucks. Why make your life sucks, its better to fuck.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do not understand this queston. You are ending it because it is best for you

0|0
    0|0
    • Sometimes what you want and what you need are two different things. Like you care about a friend/lover/whomever but the situation isn't working for you...and you have to end it even though you wish you didn't have to. I'm asking if you have had that happen

• I know I am being difficult, so then you are ending it because the situation isn't working, which means you want to end it because of the situation right?

• No but I have that used that excuse.

0|0
    0|0
    • Excuse? What do you mean?

• "I really like you, but I'm just in a place where we're looking for different things right now"
      I tried to be honest but she brought out the waterworks (and it wasn't even a serious thing between us), what could I have done?

• Yes, with my ex wife. She was 3 years older than me and really wanted kids. She was 34 at the time. We both went into marriage expecting to have them. After months of trying and fighting, I decided I didn't want them anymore. I sat her down and told her I loved her and I didn't want to take her dreams of kids away, so we should divorce. She cried for hours but knew I was right. My sister-in-law later recounted a story of how my ex wife told her family. She said I was the love of her life and this was the most courageous and selfless thing anyone could ever do for someone they love.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, 5 years back. I dumped my so-called 'significant other' (whom I really loved and even wanted to marry) because she cheated on me with her own uncle (yuck, incest) with a one-night stand. That was one of the most painful things I ever did, but I knew that I had taken the right decision.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Yes ,

My diet

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Friendship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I started to avoid a guy I actually liked

0|0