Guys, how long does it take you to get over your ex?

I just want some insight... because it takes me sooo long and i don't know if it's just because i'm girl. I've had 3 boyfriends and they all had another girlfriend within 1-3 months... my first boyfriend it took me a year and a half to get over him.

A lot of people say concentrate on the bad to forget about your ex faster but I'm not like that i don't like to be hating people.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the level of the connection you shared with them, I think.

My last relationship was a long one...pretty much six years. And it took me like a solid year and change to really, truly get over it.

Focusing on the bad parts (basically, the parts had caused the breakup) are good ideas. Often times it's easy to look back on the good times only, and that can make you miss your old partner if you let your brain trick you into it. It doesn't mean that you have to HATE that person...it just mean you're taking a more realistic outlook and reminding yourself of why it's a good time to move on. :-)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It takes everyone a different amount of time depending on how invested they actually were into the other person. I wonder about this guy all the time if he's with the girl to forget me or because he's actually over it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I wonder the same thing... Can they really move on and not think about their ex when they're with the new girl... I know for sure I couldn't...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• haha, I say instead of concentrating on the bad concentrate on how you can be good for other people. I had one ex it took me about 6 months, but I am still affected by the physical things I did in the relationship. I am over her, but still healing after 8 months.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually a long time like you, my last partner the second I got her set of keys from her and got her out the house:p

0|0
    0|0
  • Going on 3-4 years now so I'll let you know but my past won't prevent me from dating I just havn't found the right girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the situation but usually for me it takes a couple weeks of keeping myself busy with work and trips to the mountains

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends upon how muuch you are emotionally connected to other..

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• It took me like 5 months to get over my ex. I had to deal with seeing him at school everyday and it was so annoying. I had to walk in and he's right there staring me dead in my eye. I'm like what do you want from me we aren't together anymore. I really just want him to like disappear not in a mean way though. It takes a lot of time to get over an old love especially when you have to wake up and see there face everyday I just wanted to pull my hair out but I had to stay strong. He didn't deserve me anyways and still doesn't deserve me today. I don't want a boy that just says he loves me I want a boyfriend who can act like a gentlemen like show me that you love me don't just tell me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ugh I had same sitch. He was off in no time and i was mourning forever. It all depends though case to case basis. Take the time you need

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes