Guys, how long does it take you to get over your ex?

I just want some insight... because it takes me sooo long and i don't know if it's just because i'm girl. I've had 3 boyfriends and they all had another girlfriend within 1-3 months... my first boyfriend it took me a year and a half to get over him.

A lot of people say concentrate on the bad to forget about your ex faster but I'm not like that i don't like to be hating people.

36

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the level of the connection you shared with them, I think.

My last relationship was a long one...pretty much six years. And it took me like a solid year and change to really, truly get over it.

Focusing on the bad parts (basically, the parts had caused the breakup) are good ideas. Often times it's easy to look back on the good times only, and that can make you miss your old partner if you let your brain trick you into it. It doesn't mean that you have to HATE that person...it just mean you're taking a more realistic outlook and reminding yourself of why it's a good time to move on. :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• It takes everyone a different amount of time depending on how invested they actually were into the other person. I wonder about this guy all the time if he's with the girl to forget me or because he's actually over it.

• I wonder the same thing... Can they really move on and not think about their ex when they're with the new girl... I know for sure I couldn't...