Why is my ex so mean and hateful towards me?

I don't know how or why I still care about him. I wish I could switch it off. I'm not by any means in love with him, but I do still care about his well being. That's way more than he feels toward me.

Someone robbed him and shot him, so I reached out just to check on him, to tell him he was in my prayers and to see if he needed anything. He didn't even have the decency to respond. I don't know why I'm shocked! This is the same guy that treated me bad & left me while i was going through chemo, for his ex.

The only reason we still talk is because he still has a gang of my clothing & also he wanted to know when my Dr bills came. He tells me he is broke and can't help with bills from a miscarriage that he played a big part in, but took his gf on an unplanned vacation days later. I don't understand why he's hateful towards me & treats her so well?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I know you don't want to hear this, but you need to let go. A guy that leaves when the going gets tough is not worth anything. In any relationship you're there to support each other.

I know you haven't gotten over him but give it more time. You can easily find someone that's better than him.

Just reading your thing tells me he's disrespectful, untrustworthy, and lies. These are not great characteristics. Try putting yourself out there to other men besides him.

Plain and simple; he's not worth it.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's not worth your time and your not worth his. Act like he doesn't exist or something that's what I do. I went through the process to with my ex about caring about him and everything when he didn't even give a crap about me. It takes time to get over an old love or maybe even months it took months for me. He's your ex for a reason you don't need him your better off without him. Its the truth, love it is. My ex treated me like a jerk when we dated, cheated on me and flirted with other girls even told me to go to hell so yeah we aren't together anymore. He drinks and all that stuff I tried to help him but he didn't want my help. So I woke one day and I was like I don't deserve this and I don't deserve him. I deserve better in a relationship at least someone that shows that they care about me. There's a fish out there for everyone you just have to go out and explore and find him. It's his loss so don't feel like it's your fault its not. If he can't see how amazing and caring, and thoughtful and respectful you are then he doesn't deserve you at all. You'll get through it I promise just give it time. Distract yourself better yet go out with your friends to the moves or go shopping or something.