Was my ex just being friendly or does he still have feelings?

My ex who I was with for 4 1/2 years broke up with me in April. Our breakup was not messy, and we stayed friends. He messages me sometimes on facebook. Today I was at the store and my back was turned and he surprised me by coming up to me and saying hello. He was smiling a lot and asked what was going on with me and we talked a bit. He asked what I'd been doing that day as I guess I looked like I went somewhere special as I had a bit of makeup on and looked half decent, thank goodness! Then when we parted ways I was in another part of the store and looking down at my phone and I looked up and caught him looking at me and smiling. He was at the checkout and told me to wait. We walked out together and talked a bit more. Is this a normal reaction that a guy would have to his ex? It didn't feel awkward at all talking to him and I definitely still felt attracted to him.

11