Never felt so broken before and I could use a little help?

A guy I was extremely close with and have been in love with for over a year (I genuinely, bottom of my heart believed he was the one for me. I can't describe it or why, I just did) just told me he didn't tell me earlier because he knew it'd upset me, but he's half in a relationship with another girl. And that he doesn't have feelings for me. It probably sounds very stupid and quite dramatic but I loved him with all my heart, and I have never felt more crushed or broken as I do now.

Could you please, if willing, provide me with some advice on what to do? Some advice / help? Anything at this point would be helpful as long as it's not unkind.

Thank you so much x

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Live and learn. Don't get so emotionally involved with a person before getting in a relationship with them. That's the lesson. Either they take the next step with you, or you cut bait and leave. If you have legit feelings for somebody, don't let it go on as long as you did. The moment you start to notice, "wow, I'm really into this person" it's like a little timer is set. You and them have a month or two to make something happen or else you cut out. Waiting like that is the worst thing you can do.

Aside from that, just realize there are other guys out there, and you will feel this way again for somebody else, I'm 100% positive of that. Cut contact with this guy, heal up, and get back in the game. You'll be alright, you just need some time to realize this guy ain't as special as you though and there are others out there.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Our hearts can lead is down so many roads that end in heartache. I know what it's like to be so in love with someone, then be crushed.

Time will heal your wounds, even if you do not want to hear it. There is also hope for you, if your heart, and instincts align, and he is the one, then pray and ask God for guidance.

Give it time... Take a step back. There is someone out there for you, who will love you.

Use this as a lesson, and put a bridle on how you may feel about someone. They might not be available. Trust your instincts more than your heart and emotions. Your instincts were telling you that he was taken for a while, now. Learn to listen to them, it will save your heart, and maybe even your life, if you ever find yourself in a dark alley.

1|1
    0|0
  • Honestly, I think you should try your best to move on and get over him, while trying to salvage your friendship with him. (if you still want oto be his friend) Admitting these kind of feelings and have them fall through can ruin a friendship and make things awkward.

1|0
    0|0
  • Heartache hurts especially the first , best thing to do is cry a little , curse a little , eat a little and meet someone who will treat you like you want too be treated

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing works quite like time. Super unsatisfying as that might be it's the truth. All wounds heal eventually.

1|0
    0|0
  • All I can say is: focus on yourself, time heals all wounds.

1|0
    0|0
  • Kick his ass...slap him and leave lol jk...just get over it. he doesn't like u, done, bye...there are a lot of other guys waiting for u out there

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 5

• thing is he's a compeltely unreliable. he thinks he knew you had feelings for him and avoided telling you bc he thought it would upset you. of course it would and then you could have moved n forever ago. he's patronizing and idiotic. which is a ridiculous combination.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, I know this is probably hard to hear, but you need to move on! I know it might have seemed like he was the one, but if he is telling you he doesn't have feeling for you then he was NOT the one.

If suggest a double girl night!
    First night: Eat ice-cream and watch sad love story movies with your girlfriends!
    Second night: PARTY and forget about him...meet someone new at the party!

1|0
    0|1
  • If you're this upset about it then you need to stop being his friend at least for a while.

1|0
    0|0
  • Get over it, There are plenty of fish in the sea. No use in wasting your heart on a dude who doesn't deserve it.

0|0
    1|0
  • It's normal , natural, and healthy to feel like you're being stabbed over and over again. There's nothing more hurtful then Unreturned love. I'm sorry you're going through this. Allow yourself to cry and scream in anguish. Allow yourself to feel that pain.

Then move on. Go out with your friends. Join an club. Volunteer. Keep yourself busy. The worst thing you can do is sit at home and feel sorry for yourself. Force yourself to do things.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes