Men...would you ever contact an ex if she told you she cannot be just friends?

If so, what would be your reason? Just curious since I told my ex I cannot be friends, and yet he would text me. I had to block him. He DUMPED me, so why the need to text me? Thanks for your response.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• First off, to the guy who is doing this to you, I would like to send a great big fat "UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" his way. Seriously dude, let this lady move on!!

I am going through the EXACT SAME THING RIGHT NOW! And let me tell you, it's tiring! I tried to explain how I needed to just be let go and not have to try and be friends with someone who I was once with.

I can see being friends in a year or so after the hurt of the breakup has passed. However, my ex expects us to be friends right meow!

I too can't understand the need for him to text you saying "ohh, just drove by your work, didn't see you was hoping I would..." No, just NO! He needs to allow you some space to heal and move on! If he's not interested in being with you, he must respect the fact that you need to not be friends in order to heal.

It's totallly your right to ask for this space. I think blocking him was the best thing you could do. Cut the contact as much as possible. He needs to realize that you weren't with him doing all those wonderful things because you were just a friend. You were his gf.

On the flip side, I can see why. You sound like a really cool person and I'm sure he's also having a hard time adjusting to a life without you. But seriously, he needs to stop, stop right now lol.

Our ex's just need to STAHP!

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh girl...you are so right!!! When they let great women like us go...it's THEIR loss!!! Good luck!!!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• It's possible that he's just holding onto things, reminiscing on the good times and missing your presence in his life a bit, and it's making it difficult for him to fully let go.

Me personally, I would not contact an ex unless there was a very specific, VERY good reason. And even then I'd really prefer not to if I can avoid it.

2|0
    0|0
    • Maybe...we were best friends for many years. I understand holding onto things. I TRIED to hols into US, but HE let go. When you break up, you lose the right to keep in touch if the dumpee can't be friends. :( Thanks for your response. See one of my other comments below. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

• Oops...Lol hold onto US, not hols into...Ha ha

• I don't talk to my exes period. There's one I kind of miss from about two years ago but she kind of went off the rails so... Oh well. A lot of people miss her. She just broke it off with almost everyone in one fell swoop. It was sad but exes are exes for a reason so it's best to let sleeping dogs lie.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree...too bad my ex didn't get the same memo as all of the men who responded on here. ;)

• no i wouldn´t. especially if i dumped her, i know she probably still has feelings and i don´t want to hurt her. i think its very rude of him.

1|0
    0|0
    • EXACTLY!!! It is rude. He even texted me good morning recently and then told me he had just driven by my work and "thought he might see me outside". Really? Isn't that a bit strange? Again...HE told ME to move out!! Thanks for your response.

• Nah, I'd never talk to them again

0|0
    0|0
    • I appreciate your honesty.

• No, I'd never talk to her again.

0|0
    0|0
    • Good...that's what real men do, when they no longer want to be with their ex. Thanks for your response.

• It still hurts to lose someone who's been a part of your life. he probably really wants to keep you as a friend even if you don't

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh...trust me...I get that, but I CANNOT be friends. He needs to respect that and since he couldn't, I blocked him.

What Girls Said 1

• Girl I'm in the same situation as you right now well I haven't told my ex that I don't wanna be friends anymore yet. My ex lied to me on why he broke up with me and thinks we can still be friends. But he still talks to me everyday, we hang out though not as much anymore and some of the things we do is what couples would normally do. I'm curious to see what the other men put on this.

0|0
    0|0
    • Men SUCK, huh? Ha ha...just kidding. He was the love of my life. :( I wish you well.

Recommended myTakes