Men...would you ever contact an ex if she told you she cannot be just friends?

If so, what would be your reason? Just curious since I told my ex I cannot be friends, and yet he would text me. I had to block him. He DUMPED me, so why the need to text me? Thanks for your response.

26

Most Helpful Girl

• First off, to the guy who is doing this to you, I would like to send a great big fat "UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" his way. Seriously dude, let this lady move on!!

I am going through the EXACT SAME THING RIGHT NOW! And let me tell you, it's tiring! I tried to explain how I needed to just be let go and not have to try and be friends with someone who I was once with.

I can see being friends in a year or so after the hurt of the breakup has passed. However, my ex expects us to be friends right meow!

I too can't understand the need for him to text you saying "ohh, just drove by your work, didn't see you was hoping I would..." No, just NO! He needs to allow you some space to heal and move on! If he's not interested in being with you, he must respect the fact that you need to not be friends in order to heal.

It's totallly your right to ask for this space. I think blocking him was the best thing you could do. Cut the contact as much as possible. He needs to realize that you weren't with him doing all those wonderful things because you were just a friend. You were his gf.

On the flip side, I can see why. You sound like a really cool person and I'm sure he's also having a hard time adjusting to a life without you. But seriously, he needs to stop, stop right now lol.

Our ex's just need to STAHP!

• Oh girl...you are so right!!! When they let great women like us go...it's THEIR loss!!! Good luck!!!