Violent guys...what would you do?

Well, a good friend of mine is in a unhealthy relationship. They argue all the time and he often calls her bitch etc.
He is very traditional, whereas she is modern.
I think they are a bad match, but she wouldn't believe this.

Few weeks ago, he started strangling her in a fight.
He kept going until security came...
She is no still very attached to him and thinks to go back to him and forgive him

I would like to protect her, but I don't know how.
Should I report this to her parents?

48

Most Helpful Guy

• Your friend is NOT modern. She's after this man because he displays primitive 'strength' which makes her attracted to him.

I've seen countless women just like her, hell take a look at Rihanna if you want a pop culture example.

Only way to fix is as others have said, tell her parents who aren't 'thinking with their vagina' which is probably the best phrase I have for this.

• I agree. It wasn't the first time that she moved out and then went back to him. It was the first time he used his physical strength to hurt her, though.
      there has been emotional abuse long before that incident...

• Precisely. And she will especially if she's in her teens with so many hormones affecting her decision making. Some people have larger affects than others, she might hate you for it but I'd say it's the right thing to do

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, you need to tell her parents asap. Doesn't matter if she'll hate you after that, this is for her own good. When she grows up and breaks up with him, she'll realize why you did it and she might even thank you for it. Right now she's delusional for thinking that he's going to change.

• She is 25... he is even older. It sounds so incredible...