Violent guys...what would you do?

Well, a good friend of mine is in a unhealthy relationship. They argue all the time and he often calls her bitch etc.
He is very traditional, whereas she is modern.
I think they are a bad match, but she wouldn't believe this.

Few weeks ago, he started strangling her in a fight.
He kept going until security came...
She is no still very attached to him and thinks to go back to him and forgive him

I would like to protect her, but I don't know how.
Should I report this to her parents?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Your friend is NOT modern. She's after this man because he displays primitive 'strength' which makes her attracted to him.

I've seen countless women just like her, hell take a look at Rihanna if you want a pop culture example.

Only way to fix is as others have said, tell her parents who aren't 'thinking with their vagina' which is probably the best phrase I have for this.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree. It wasn't the first time that she moved out and then went back to him. It was the first time he used his physical strength to hurt her, though.
      there has been emotional abuse long before that incident...

• Precisely. And she will especially if she's in her teens with so many hormones affecting her decision making. Some people have larger affects than others, she might hate you for it but I'd say it's the right thing to do

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, you need to tell her parents asap. Doesn't matter if she'll hate you after that, this is for her own good. When she grows up and breaks up with him, she'll realize why you did it and she might even thank you for it. Right now she's delusional for thinking that he's going to change.

1|0
    0|0
    • She is 25... he is even older. It sounds so incredible...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• As soon as any woman is abused, emotionally or physically, get out, stay out, stay away and use every legal tactic in the book to keep away. Any half-assed attorney will take a moment of weakness when she decides not to press charges or lets him back in as precedent for her exaggerating, claiming rape or other acts of violence as just another in a series if arguments that had two sides. Move out, don't argue, don't let him know where you are going, get a restraining order. If you give in once, you're opening the door to violence directed against you, your kids (if in picture), any future relationship (because he'll threaten to hurt either you, new BF or both), your family. It's a little painful now, it could be fatal later. Esp, absolutely esp. if there is alcohol or drugs fueling it. Pack a suitcase- or don't- but get out.

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't sound like he's traditional.
    It sounds like he's a lunatic.

0|0
    0|0
  • there is no way i would let her get back to him...

1|0
    0|0
  • That man is utter trash

1|0
    0|0
  • Go and tell her parents. Do you copy?

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell her parents and send him my way haha

0|0
    0|0
    • He didn't eve apologize... he tries to make it up to her, though. He is afraid of loosing her and tells her that he can't live without her, but this relationship is sooo destructive!!

• Of course you should report it to her parents!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Yes. Report this to her parents if they don't know and make sure she understands that you do not support her decision. Ultimately you can't do much cause it stays her choice but you can make sure she gets that you don't like him and do not want this for her. Also tell your friend that a guy who is willing to strangle her and abuse her does NOT love her. She's delusional if she thinks that he actually cares about her and loves her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, you should tell her parents! She is being stupid and foolish for staying with this moron!

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, I will do this, even though she hates me afterwards.
      She hopes that he will change...but I don't think he can

• No way! He needs a lot of growing up to do, he needs anger management or something.

• Leave them alone. Some people, like me, feed off of negative energy in a relationship. When my boyfriend was on coke he was so intense and interesting. Now that he's clean he's kind of boring.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes