Why do people keep their exes blocked on Facebook even after 1,5 years?

So I decided to check to see if I was unblocked by my ex now. It has been a reallyyyy long time. Like 1,5 years.

The last time I saw her was in September which didn't end well because she said 'go away' when I tried to say hello on the street.

But nevermind that. Isn't it odd that I am still blocked over 1,5 years later? Why would you block an ex like that?
Updates:
Half a year ago her sister unfriended AND blocked my brother - whom she never ever talked to in the first place.

Weird huh.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably because they know some people like you will go to look at them and maybe try to talk to them after a certain amount of time when they never want to speak to you again.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yea agreed, because speaking to someone is such a horrible crime.

• Show All
    • Maybe they just didn't even bother looking. I blocked my ex and never want to talk to her again so I haven't unblocked her. In fact I nevervunblock anybody, they're blocked for a reason.

• She unblocked me once waaayyy back. She said "I hoped we could act normal towards one another". Which I thought was very hypocritical.

Then when I proceeded to talk to her she blocked me again after that convo. She said I made her very angry.

So I kind of understand I guess. And it is what it is. Ah well...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Probably because they entirely forget about it. I recently entered my block list out of curiosity, and I didn't even know who some of those guys are on there.
    Granted, they are not guys I know IRL, just random fb stalkers and overall very boring.
    I never blocked an ex, but those few I know IRL that I blocked also stayed there because I entirely forgot about them after a while.

Since your ex won't even say hi to you in the street, it seems to me that she is really stubborn when it comes to avoiding contact with you. I don't know why that may be, maybe she's really immature, or has a possessive boyfriend who won't let her talk to any of her exes (and she doesn't wanna lie about not meeting you), or maybe you turned stalker-ish after the break up (at least she may have perceived it that way) - but whatever the reason is, just forget it. Don't talk to her, don't even try to say hi in the street. Don't humiliate yourself like that. Act just like her, ignore her completely, like you never even knew her.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yea this is what I am doing... I am not looking for contact. But I was just wondering why you know.

• I agree with Lily...Forget about her.

• ...cause they're immature. I am friends (up to a point, and some moreso than others) with most if not all of my exes, but 1. And they are all friended on my fb page...all the way back to my high school sweetheart, lol. The only reasons I can think of that might be other than them being immature could be A) You hurt them so bad, they have absolutely no kind feelings, even friendly ones towards you, and may even harbor bad feelings towards you, or even resent you still and it is easier for them to just erase you completely from their life and memory. B) They are physically scared of you, as in truly and sincerely frightened you might cause harm to them or their life still in some way...whether it be physical or emotional (ie...evil/cruel/immature/game playing behavior)... C) They just havn't thought of it yet, maybe you could friend them first. ---and if none of the above--- D) They are just self absorbed, completely narcissistic, immature and/or not good people themselves and wish to be mean or rude to you for no other reason than this is who they are and they get that kind of satisfaction from acting like that towards others.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do the exes can't check tvem or stalk them on facebook.

It's that simple

0|1
    0|1
    • So*
      Whoops

• That's odd. Because I have multiple exes and would never block any of them.

Do they have something to hide?

• Or they just want to live their life in peace without annoying exes stalking them.

• Why bother unblocking you? Takes way too much effort. I basically block a person and never unblock them.

1|1
    0|0
  • The only reason I would unblock you is if I wanted to do something sexual with you. Why else should I unblock?

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Why would you go to the trouble of unblocking a ex once blocking them , she's not thinking about you anymore so she isn't gonna go to trouble to type your name and unblock.
    I just blocked my ex a few hours ago.

1|1
    0|0
    • You contradicted yourself there.

• Show All
    • Okay well thanks for the answer anyway.

• No probz :)

• the last thing she needs is her past coming back to haunt her. You're exes for a reason. If she went as far as blocking you, perhaps the relationship didn't end smoothly? All the women in the world...(man, they're all hot!) and you're chasing someone who you already broke up with for whatever reason? Save your dignity for the next rejection. Take no note of her! It's the best advice I can give you, one man to another.

0|0
    0|0
    • Very true. I gave up a year ago after coming to the same conclusion.

• If you get put on the blocklist you are there for good in my books. If you broke up badly, she has no reason to want to speak to you, just some peoples' way of dealing with it

0|0
    0|0
  • I have been blocked by 10 year exes..it is what it is. It is stalking if you try to find and contact them

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha so true about the 'stalking' part. What a world...

• Well, I blocked an ex because she kept on trying to message me and act as if she wanted to be friends, and the conversations would start off fine, and then it would somehow turn into her bitching at me about me. Even doing this when someone leaves a post on my wall/timeline. Like if someone asked me how was my weekend she would butt in and say something.

So, I blocked her. I haven't even thought about her since until you asked this question and it's been about 3 years. So, simply put. Once you block someone and you cut all contact from them, you tend to forget all about them.

0|0
    0|0
    • I guess people are different and it depends on the relationship you had. Some you forget easily, others not so...

Recommended myTakes