Why do people keep their exes blocked on Facebook even after 1,5 years?

So I decided to check to see if I was unblocked by my ex now. It has been a reallyyyy long time. Like 1,5 years.

The last time I saw her was in September which didn't end well because she said 'go away' when I tried to say hello on the street.

But nevermind that. Isn't it odd that I am still blocked over 1,5 years later? Why would you block an ex like that?
Half a year ago her sister unfriended AND blocked my brother - whom she never ever talked to in the first place.

Weird huh.

56

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably because they know some people like you will go to look at them and maybe try to talk to them after a certain amount of time when they never want to speak to you again.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yea agreed, because speaking to someone is such a horrible crime.

• Maybe they just didn't even bother looking. I blocked my ex and never want to talk to her again so I haven't unblocked her. In fact I nevervunblock anybody, they're blocked for a reason.

• She unblocked me once waaayyy back. She said "I hoped we could act normal towards one another". Which I thought was very hypocritical.

Then when I proceeded to talk to her she blocked me again after that convo. She said I made her very angry.

So I kind of understand I guess. And it is what it is. Ah well...