What would you do if your partner left in order to fix themselves?

If you were in a relationship with someone that was having a lot of personal problems, and they finally push them over the line, what would you do if they left, but only for the purpose of rebuilding themselves?
"I'm bringing you and the both of us down with what's wrong with me in my life. I need space and time to get my shit together. It's not you." Now say you break up, and how ever long down the road, weather months or maybe even a year you meet up again, and they're totally on the right track. They're completely in a better place. And the tingle is still there when you see them. Would you give it another shot, or do you leave your past behind completely?

72

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd give it another shot, that's very noble of them to realize that they are bringing you down so to sacrifice their happiness for yours shows that they care a lot

• That's exactly what I thought too. Loving someone also means letting them go, but that doesn't mean you can't come back together at some point. I asked a friend the same question, and she said "I'd never date you again, because I leave my past behind me." I got granular with her and said "what if that person was completely happy, and everything was resolved? Does anything that person did hold any merit what so ever? She said she didn't know.