Confused about my relationship with my ex-boyfriend and what he wants from me?

4 days ago, my ex broke up with me saying he wanted to 'figure himself out' he feels like he 'can't make me happy' and 'can't be with me while he figures himself out'. I know he wants to be a better person (personal reasons which I cannot share) which is why he wants to figure himself out. I always like to talk about the future with him and we used to be so perfect together.. he wanted to marry me and we used to tell people that yes we were engaged. I suppose he lost his feelings for me or something and didn't really want to think about the future anymore. I've read in so many places that I need to give him space and not talk to him to make it show what he's missing and if breaking up with me was what he truly wanted while he wanted to 'fix things'. So I tried that, yet he continues to message me, and flirt with me, being sexual and stuff. Yesterday I told him that on Friday a guy asked me out (he was already msging me and I know he would've appreciated it if I told him) and he got jealous and further in the conversation I asked him what he was to me if people were to ask that and he said "Soulmate." And then he apologized for saying it as he did not want to hurt me. Today when he was msging me and flirting with me he told me he wanted me to do something "sexual" and don't get me wrong, we're both innocent xD and we both haven't had sex yet and it was innocent play. During all this flirting, he was pretty shy and so was I. So I asked him "what do you see me as?" and he says "I..Idk.. which is why its strange.." and I told him I missed him and he told me to let go of the topic and said he just wanted to "have fun with me". Of course I asked him what he means by that and he referred to playing games like 'Osu' and 'League'.
The thing is I know he loves me but I don't know how to make him miss me to get him back when he keeps msging me. I know he's not seeing someone 'behind my back' because he's not like that and has never lied to me.
[BOTH UPDATES ARE THE CONTINUATION OF MY POST] So, I just need help I'm17-18 & he's 18-19

20