What to do or how to act when you had plans with a ex boyfriend but he never showed or text called or anything?

Had plans to meet up wit my recent ex boyfriend of 5 years. He is the one who broke it off and he also said he wanted to b friends. Since we did know each other first as friends... I was hurt so I quit talking to him for bout a week or so then I texted him to c how he was and also to c if he already had been wit anyone he said no then he asked me the same thing. I then asked him if were can get together and he said yes and it seems to go okay because I do say if u don't want just tell me and I'll leave other alone or respect it and he says no it's nothing like that basically... So my question is y does he make plans to meet up wit me if he really isn't trying to, is he playing games, just being nice? Don't understand

11